HOUSING SELECTION AND FORMS
2020 Summer Housing
Important Information Regarding Summer Housing at Rockford University:
The deadline for Rockford University students to sign-up for 2020 summer housing is Thursday, April 16, 2020.
- Rockford University students must be registered full-time for Fall Semester 2020 to live on campus over summer.
- Student selection of room types on the contract are preferences, not guaranteed.
- Room assignments are first-come, first-serve basis. Expect summer housing assignments to be filled to room capacity (i.e., 2 people in a double, 4 people in a suite). Room assignments are made by Residence Life Staff.
- All summer housing residents are required to pay in full, or work out payment arrangements with SAS for their summer housing bill prior to May 1, 2020. Payment arrangement details: 1st payment is due when signing the payment plan agreement at SAS (equal to the first month cost of summer housing) with required subsequent monthly payments. Summer housing must be paid in full by May 1, 2020 or per agreement with SAS.
- Students who have not taken care of the above provision will not be allowed to move into summer housing until financial obligations to the University are met and Fall 2020 registration is verified.
The 2020 Summer Housing Contract is now available.
Interns: Please contact Residence Life for deadlines and submit the contract to Residence Life.
2020-2021 Academic Year Housing Selection
New Students & Current Commuter Students
Below are the 2020-2021 forms required to complete and submit for 2020-2021 academic year on-campus housing, along with the $100 housing deposit to Student Administrative Services (SAS).
Mail to: Rockford University, Student Administrative Services, 5050 E. State Street, Rockford IL 61108
Housing assignments are currently being processed for the 2020-2021 academic year and official housing letters will be mailed out in late May and early June 2020.
Current Residence Hall Students
The 2020-2021 Housing and Meal Plan Contracts are able to be submitted beginning March 26, 2020. The Priority Housing Deadline to participate in the housing selection process is Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm. Current residence hall students who have submitted the contracts, have all holds removed and be registered as full-time status for 2020-2021 will be able to participate in the housing selection process beginning on Monday, April 20, 2020. Specific details will be emailed to current residence hall students in March 2020.
The required paperwork is linked below. (Please submit contracts to Student Administrative Services (SAS) in Nelson Hall.
A current student who missed the Housing Priority Deadline of April 16, 2020 at 4:00 pm will be assigned once paperwork is received, all holds removed, and the student is registered full-time (12 credits) for Fall 2020.
If you have any questions about the Room Sign-Up process, please speak with either a Residence Hall Director or the Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life.
Student Life Suite – Burpee Student Center, 1st Floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Scott Mitchell, Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life
Mon-Fri – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm