Rockford University has been educating undergraduates since 1847. That’s a long time. And it’s proof that we know how to educate and support learners for successful careers and lifelong learning.
The legacy of Rockford University can be found in our alumni, who have accomplished and continue to accomplish some amazing things, including:
- Earning patents for the use of ACE inhibitors to reduce the likelihood of heart attacks
- Piloting the first test B2 Stealth Bomber
- Serving on the Bell Labs team that invented fiber optics and the LED
- Serving as president of ABC Studios and The CW Network
- Testing the first artificial heart valve in humans
- Manufacturing gears for NASA rovers to Mars
- Being named as Judge of the Year by the National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association
- Serving as a US Magistrate Judge
- Being named as Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Being named as North Carolina Teacher of the Year
- Earning the Nobel Prize for Peace
Throughout the last 168 years, we’ve graduated thousands and thousands of alumni who have experienced rich academic opportunities, practical experiences, and global perspectives in order to impact positively their lives and our world.
View our Rockford University Viewbook >>
Join our ranks of amazing alumni. Become Rock Solid.
Rock Solid Regents
Our students are Rock Solid and recognized for a variety of reasons, including academic achievements, extracurricular involvement and campus leadership. Meet this year's Rock Solid Regents who were nominated by faculty and staff members for going above and beyond expectations in and outside of the classroom.
Office of Admission
Nelson Hall--2nd floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Office of Admission
Mon-Thurs - 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sat - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm -- Please call to reserve an appointment on Saturdays.
Meet Our Staff
Our Undergraduate Admission Team is here to help you and your family through every step of our admission process. They’re our Rockford University experts who can make sure you see and hear all about our Rock Solid opportunities.
And they’ve shared some fun statistics, little known facts, and helpful advice, so you can get to know them better. What’s their favorite social media? How many miles do they travel each year to meet prospective students and their families? Are there any dog lovers? Find out!