Rockford University has been educating undergraduates since 1847. That’s a long time. And it’s proof that we know how to educate and support learners for successful careers and lifelong learning. We’ve graduated thousands and thousands of alumni who have experienced rich academic opportunities, practical experiences, and global perspectives in order to impact positively their lives and our world. View our Rockford University Viewbook >>
Join our ranks of amazing alumni. Become Rock Solid.
Rockford University is affordable.
Yes, really. Over 99% of our full-time students receive financial aid, and every full-time student receives a scholarship. We also offer competitive scholarships that range up to 100% tuition, and several grant and loan programs. Check out scholarships, financial aid, and more.
Let’s Get Started.
Are you the next Rock Solid Regent? Use our first-year admission checklist below to fulfill each step in our admission process. Questions? Our Admission team is here to help you every step of the way!
- Visit campus. Call the Office of Admission at 815.226.4050 or schedule your visit right now.
- Fill out our free, online application for undergraduate admission.
- Request your high school transcript be sent to Rockford University, Office of Admission, 5050 E. State Street, Rockford, IL 61108.
- Request your ACT/SAT score be sent to Rockford University. Rockford University’s ACT code is 1122; SAT code is 1665.
- Fill out the FAFSA. The first step to receiving your financial aid package (grants, scholarships, loan eligibility) is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov. Rockford University’s school code is 001748.
Once you have submitted your application, transcript, test score, and any additional information that may be requested, you will be notified of your admission status and the next steps to becoming a Rock Solid Regent.
- 2.65 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- 19 ACT (no sub-scores below a 17) or 990 SAT (2016 version and beyond)
- Top 50% of your class
Consideration is given on an individual basis to students that fall below the standard admission criteria.
Office of Admission
Nelson Hall--2nd floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Office of Admission
Mon-Thurs - 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sat - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm -- Please call to reserve an appointment on Saturdays.
Rock Solid Alumni: What's their legacy?
The legacy of Rockford University can be found in our alumni, who have accomplished and continue to accomplish some amazing things, including:
- Earning patents for the use of ACE inhibitors to reduce the likelihood of heart attacks
- Piloting the first test B2 Stealth Bomber
- Serving on the Bell Labs team that invented fiber optics and the LED
- Serving as president of ABC Studios and The CW Network
- Testing the first artificial heart valve in humans
- Manufacturing gears for NASA rovers to Mars
- Being named as Judge of the Year by the National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association
- Serving as a US Magistrate Judge
- Being named as Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Being named as North Carolina Teacher of the Year
- Earning the Nobel Prize for Peace
Zach Wallace ’17, political science major and star forward for the Rockford Regents Men’s Basketball team, shares why he chose Rockford University and what’s up next for him after graduation.
“When I came here and saw that there would be the opportunity to have a balance between having a life, being a student, and also playing sports, that kind of made the decision for me.”