Hello! Hola! Bonjour! Privet! Hej! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konnichiwa!
Welcome to Rockford! At Rockford University, we welcome students from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Our international students represent diverse cultures, they share one thing in common—the desire to become Rock Solid.
Arrival Information and Orientation Information
- Fall 2017 Airport Arrival Information
- Illinois Weather and What to Pack
- International Student Orientation is a supplement to Rockford University’s First Year Student Orientation and participation in both is required for all F1 students.
- Orientation and Start Dates 2017 – 2018
- Academic Calendar
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
OGA helps prepare RU’s students, faculty and community constituents for active participation in a rapidly changing global society by internationalizing our campus and curriculum, facilitating experiential learning opportunities, and developing our international partnerships to achieve RU’s strategic objectives.
Mission Statement of the OGA
Create a supportive and interactive learning environment that celebrates multiculturalism by bringing all of Rockford University’s diverse student body together, in such a way that the academic as well as extra-curricular experiences of all students are enhanced and enjoyed.
Services provided by the OGA:
- Assist both U.S. and international students in realizing their dreams of studying abroad
- Provide services related to U.S. immigration regulations
- Offer international student orientation
- Provide international student academic advising and support
Who is classified as an international applicant?
- A student requiring an F-1 Student Visa to study in the U.S.
- A holder of an “Arrival-Departure Record (I-94)” who has a visa that allows for study in the United States.
Why Rockford University?
Rockford University, located just 90 minutes from Chicago, is a great place to experience the United States and gain an exceptional education. A four-year, private liberal arts university, Rockford University offers a variety of programs and services, including more than 80 majors, minors and concentrations; small class sizes; wireless internet; and on-campus housing and food service; to name a few. Rockford University is an institution which values global and ethnic diversity. Today, students from a variety of different states and countries call Rockford home.
Cui Zheng ’15
Home Country: China
Program of study/major: Nursing
Why did you choose RU? My friend introduced this university to me. The nursing major is great here.
Amour Muro ’14
Home Country: Tanzania
Program of study/major: Economics
Why did you choose RU? It’s a liberal arts university that is small and focused on its students.
Mariana Rosas ’12
Home Country: Mexico
Program of study/major: Spanish and Psychology
Why did you choose RU? I chose Rockford University because of the home-like feeling, even away from home. The staff is great as well as the students, very cozy and friendly environment.
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
Burpee 2nd Floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Skype ID: sam_rockford
Sam Bandy, Director
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Apply online
- 2016-2017 International Student Application
- Recommendation Forms
- Affidavit of Support – Undergraduate
- Affidavit of Support – Graduate
- Affidavit of Support – ESL
- Application Checklist
If you are admitted to Rockford University, you can learn more about the next steps for our Admitted Undergraduate Students.