Hello! Hola! Bonjour! Privet! Hej! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konnichiwa!
Welcome to Rockford! At Rockford University, we welcome students from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Our international students represent diverse cultures, they share one thing in common—the desire to become Rock Solid.
Arrival Information and Orientation Information
- ARRIVAL INFORMATION – FALL 2018
- Illinois Weather and What to Pack
- International Student Orientation is a supplement to Rockford University’s First Year Welcome Week and participation in both is required for all F1 students.
- RU Arrival orientation and class start dates FY 18-19
- Academic Calendar
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
OGA helps prepare RU’s students, faculty and community constituents for active participation in a rapidly changing global society by internationalizing our campus and curriculum, facilitating experiential learning opportunities, and developing our international partnerships to achieve RU’s strategic objectives.
Mission Statement of the OGA
Create a supportive and interactive learning environment that celebrates multiculturalism by bringing all of Rockford University’s diverse student body together, in such a way that the academic as well as extra-curricular experiences of all students are enhanced and enjoyed.
Services provided by the OGA:
- Assist both U.S. and international students in realizing their dreams of studying abroad
- Provide services related to U.S. immigration regulations
- Offer international student orientation
- Provide international student academic advising and support
Who is classified as an international applicant?
- A student requiring an F-1 Student Visa to study in the U.S.
- A holder of an “Arrival-Departure Record (I-94)” who has a visa that allows for study in the United States.
Why Rockford University?
Rockford University, located just 90 minutes from Chicago, is a great place to experience the United States and gain an exceptional education. A four-year, private liberal arts university, Rockford University offers a variety of programs and services, including more than 80 majors, minors and concentrations; small class sizes; wireless internet; and on-campus housing and food service; to name a few. Rockford University is an institution which values global and ethnic diversity. Today, students from a variety of different states and countries call Rockford home.
- Apply online. If you are a graduate-level student, use our graduate international application. Your Rockford University application is confidential and will only be accessed by Admission Office personnel and used solely in the application process.
- Recommendation Forms
- ESL Affidavit of Support
- UG Affidavit of Support
- Grad Affidavit of Support
- Application Checklist
If you are admitted to Rockford University, you can learn more about the next steps for our Admitted Undergraduate Students.
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
Burpee 2nd Floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Skype ID: sam_rockford
Sam Bandy, Director
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Rockford China Office
招生官：胡盼/ Oriana Hu
办公电话：0086+10 6523 8091
手机：0086+186 0024 5278
Studying abroad was always an initiative I wanted to take in my life. Considering the knowledge, experience and exposure that you gain by studying away from home, always fascinated me to take this step in my life. Studying in the US has proved that my decision was right.
Mishaal ShahCui Zheng '15
Rockford University is filled with a heartfelt community that has encouraged and built me education wise, socially and emotionally strong which has made me feel home away from home being that I am an international student.
Maria NaggayiAmour Muro '14
I chose Rockford University because of the home-like feeling, even away from home. The staff is great as well as the students, very cozy and friendly environment.Mariana Rosas '12