Hello! Hola! Bonjour! Privet! Hej! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konnichiwa!
Welcome to Rockford! At Rockford University, we welcome students from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Our international students represent diverse cultures, they share one thing in common—the desire to become Rock Solid.
The following documents are required for Rockford University international admission:
1. Submit your application
2. Email your transcript(s) to email@example.com*
- *Transcripts are considered official if they are sent directly from an institution or approved evaluation company.
- First-year students: Submit a copy of your secondary school transcript and examination score (if applicable) with the English translation if the transcript is not in English.
- Transfer or graduate students: Submit copies of all post-secondary level transcripts with English translations (if applicable). U.S. transcripts must be officially sent from your university to Rockford University; foreign transcripts may be copies for admission purposes. (Official/original foreign transcripts will be required upon arrival.)
- *An official course-by-course evaluation from a NACES or AICE member may be required by Rockford University.
- Exclusive course-by-course transcript evaluations may be ordered at a 10% discount from the following companies:
3. Submit a copy of the data/photo page of your passport.
4. Submit a bank statement equivalent to the following amount:
- Undergraduate—40,000 U.S. dollars
- Masters of Business Administration–28,000 U.S. dollars
- Master of Education—26,000 U.S. dollars
- English as a Second Language Program—24,000 U.S. dollars
5. Submit an affidavit (affidavit form available upon request).*
- *Not required if the bank statement is in the student’s name. Affidavits must be notarized.
6. Submit an English language proficiency score.*
*Not required for applicants with 12+ U.S. university credits or from approved countries.
- Rockford University accepts Cambridge, Duolingo, IELTS, Pearson PTE, and TOEFL.
7. Submit a copy of your most recent graduation certificate (if applicable).
- Please submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrival Information and Orientation Information Spring 2024
Rockford University’s International Orientation will be on January 11, 2024. All new international students who will enter the U.S. on a visa are required and should arrive on January 11, 2024. Free airport pickup will be available on January 11, 2024, at O’Hare International Airport from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. During orientation, you will be able to open a bank account, go shopping for items you need for your room, set up your cell phone, and get to meet your Global Ambassador and new classmates. During orientation, you will have the chance to explore Rockford University and the city of Rockford.
What to Bring
Your dorm room will have a bed, desk, dresser, and chair. Rockford University will provide you with a welcome basket which includes, bed covers, sheets, pillow, towel, laundry detergent, water, and snacks. During international student orientation, we will offer shopping trips so that you can purchase any items may need.
Weather in Rockford
The weather in Rockford is very hot in the summer and cold in the winter. If you are from a warm climate you will need to purchase a winter coat, which you will be able to do once in Rockford. Our packing list will help you decide which items to bring from home and which items you can easily purchase once you arrive on campus.
Arriving at Rockford University
New international students should plan to arrive to Rockford University on January 11, 2024. You are allowed to arrive in the United States up to 30 days before your program start date. Check your I20 in the “Program of Study” for your program start date. It is very important to arrive before your program start date. You may be denied entry if you try to enter the United States after your program start date. Please notify the Office of Global affairs if your travel plans are delayed.
Prior to making travel plans during the school year, check the 2023-2024 Academic Calendar.
Mission Statement of the OGA
Create a supportive and interactive learning environment that celebrates multiculturalism by bringing all of Rockford University’s diverse student body together, in such a way that the academic, as well as extra-curricular experiences of all students, are enhanced and enjoyed.
Services provided by the OGA:
- Assist both U.S. and international students in realizing their dreams of studying abroad
- Provide services related to U.S. immigration regulations
- Offer international student orientation
- Provide international student with academic advising and support
Who is classified as an international applicant?
- A student requiring an F-1 Student Visa to study in the U.S.
- A holder of an “Arrival-Departure Record (I-94)” who has a visa that allows for study in the United States.
Why Rockford University?
Rockford University, located just 90 minutes from Chicago, is a great place to experience the United States and gain an exceptional education. A four-year, private liberal arts university, Rockford University offers a variety of programs and services, including more than 80 majors, minors, and concentrations; small class sizes; wireless internet; and on-campus housing and food service; to name a few. Rockford University is an institution that values global and ethnic diversity. Today, students from a variety of different states and countries call Rockford home.
If you are admitted to Rockford University, you can learn more about the next steps for our admitted undergraduate international students.
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
Burpee 2nd Floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Maria Diemer, Executive Director
Julie Griffith, Associate Director
email@example.com ; 微信/Wechat ID: JulieOGA_Rockford
Maggie Kasicki, Assistant Director
Mon-Fri - 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Studying abroad was always an initiative I wanted to take in my life. Considering the knowledge, experience and exposure that you gain by studying away from home, always fascinated me to take this step in my life. Studying in the US has proved that my decision was right.
Rockford University is filled with a heartfelt community that has encouraged and built me education wise, socially and emotionally strong which has made me feel home away from home being that I am an international student.
I chose Rockford University because of the home-like feeling, even away from home. The staff is great as well as the students, very cozy and friendly environment.