The bachelor’s degree completion program at Rockford University is housed within the PURI School of Business and offers two degree options. With offerings in business management or accounting, our flexible format means classes are easy to fit into a busy schedule. Students can even earn university credit for documented work training.
With classes right here in Rockford and online, you’ll have options to study close to where you live and work.
Harness leadership abilities, cultivate interpersonal skills, and promote decision-making based on critical thinking all within the context of a liberal arts education. Build on your previously completed coursework to embrace a changing workplace, success in business management, and aspire to leadership.
Bachelors of Science in Accounting Studies (B.S.A.S) – New in fall 2020!
Gain a solid foundation in the field of accounting and familiarity with various accounting procedures. Learn how to record financial transactions and make managerial decisions using accounting data. Analyze and develop financial statements.
- 4- week and 8-week classes
- Hybrid format (5 weeks face-to-face and 3 weeks online) or 100 percent online format.
- Complete in as few as 18 -24 months (depending upon transferable credits)
- Small classes of approximately 15 students
- Faculty with corporate experience
- Learn alongside fellow working adults
- $450 per credit hour
- Financial aid options
- Multiple start dates for your convenience approximately every 5-weeks
- Ease of transferring community college credit to RU (including A.A.S credit!)
- Year-round applications accepted
Are you looking to advance your career but thought you’d have a lot of additional coursework to earn your bachelor’s degree? If you answered yes, the Rockford Ready program just made it easier. If you have an A.A.S. degree in business from Rock Valley College, you can seamlessly transfer to Rockford University.
How does Rockford Ready work?
- Earn an RVC Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. Develop basic business essentials and soft skills to interact more effectively on the job.
- Transfer your associate’s degree. Enhance your technical and business skills to support your career ambitions.
- Complete an RU Business Management Bachelor’s Degree. Aspire to leadership roles: Harness managerial abilities, cultivate interpersonal skills, and promote decision-making based on critical thinking.
Download the flyer to learn more about the upcoming virtual information sessions.
Adult and Graduate Admission
Nelson Hall - first floor
5050 E. State Street Rockford, IL 61108
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
After hour appointments available by request
Returning to school as an adult student was scary for me. I had tried on three different occasions, but struggled due to being a caregiver for many of my family members. Now is my time. Rockford University is a great fit for me!