In collaboration with faculty and staff and various off-campus partners, the Rockford University Career Development office equips students and alumni to be strategic and career ready.
Career Development is not just a department or one-stop center, but an enabling process that starts when you first arrive to RU. While you are on campus, you develop and learn more of who you are and what you aspire to be—and Career Development can help with that.
We are here to assist current students and alumni in reaching their career goals by providing the knowledge and tools necessary to succeed in the workforce. We realize that it is an employer’s market and, now more than ever, experience is just as important as obtaining a degree. That’s why Rockford University’s Career Development department is focused on getting current students ready for the real world and providing job-search assistance for alums.
What We Do
Career Development can help students and alumni through:
- Creating an exceptional resume, cover letter, or CV
- Providing mock interview opportunities
- Assessing their interests, strengths, values, and goals
- Developing an job/internship search startegy
- Planning for admission to graduate school
- Connect experiences in the classroom and community with future career opportunities
- Exploring majors and minors and link them to post-graduate goals
- Developing and curate an online portfolio and professional social media presence
- Providing frequent distribution of job opportunities in the area
Like you, we are focused on your personal and professional development as a whole person. We are here to help you find your ROCK SOLID PROFESSION, as well as to help you identify the ways you can make meaningful and sustained contributions to the world both now and in the future.
Job Search Assistance
Rockford University uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Students and Alumni, create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/Rockford to:
- Search for all Full-time, Part-time, Internship/Co-op job opportunities easily and efficiently
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
Career Survey Results
Each year, starting in 2012, the Career Development department has reached out to the graduates of the previous year to gauge where our most recent alums are in terms of their career. Below you will find the results!