Hello! Hola! Bonjour! Privet! Hej! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konnichiwa!
The Office of Global Affairs (OGA) helps prepare Rockford University students, faculty and community constituents for active participation in a rapidly changing global society by internationalizing our campus and curriculum, facilitating experiential learning opportunities, and developing our international partnerships to achieve Rockford University’s strategic objectives.
Mission Statement of the Office of Global Affairs
Create a supportive and interactive learning environment that celebrates multiculturalism by bringing all of Rockford University’s diverse student body together, in such a way that the academic as well as extra-curricular experiences of all students are enhanced and enjoyed.
Services provided by the OGA:
- Assist both U.S. and international students in realizing their dreams of studying abroad
- Provide services related to U.S. immigration regulations
- Offer international student orientation
- Provide international student academic advising and support
- Assist with tax preparation for international students
- Provide translation and interpretation referrals
Core Values of the Office of Global Affairs
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
- Enable everyone to have the opportunity to experience traveling abroad.
Study Abroad Exchange Programs
To apply for any of our Study Abroad programs, please fill out our Study Abroad Application
For information on how to apply for a US Passport
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
Burpee 2nd Floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Skype ID: sam_rockford
微信/WeChat ID: SamOGA_Rockford
Sam Bandy, Director
Maria Diemer, Assistant Director
微信/Wechat ID: JulieOGA_Rockford
Julie Griffith, Coordinator
微信/WeChat ID: jcty911
姜陈彤昱/Dandi Jiang, 在读研究生
研究生助理 Graduate Assistant
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
International students will prepare a wide variety of international dishes for the University’s 10th annual International Food Festival, Saturday, April 21 from 5 to 8 p.m.