Hello! Hola! Bonjour! Privet! Hej! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konnichiwa!
The Office of Global Affairs (OGA) helps prepare Rockford University students, faculty and community constituents for active participation in a rapidly changing global society by internationalizing our campus and curriculum, facilitating experiential learning opportunities, and developing our international partnerships to achieve Rockford University’s strategic objectives.
Mission Statement of the Office of Global Affairs
Create a supportive and interactive learning environment that celebrates multiculturalism by bringing all of Rockford University’s diverse student body together, in such a way that the academic as well as extra-curricular experiences of all students are enhanced and enjoyed.
Services provided by the OGA:
- Assist both U.S. and international students in realizing their dreams of studying abroad
- Provide services related to U.S. immigration regulations
- Offer international student orientation
- Provide international student academic advising and support
- Assist with tax preparation for international students
- Provide translation and interpretation referrals
Core Values of the Office of Global Affairs
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
- “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
- Enable everyone to have the opportunity to experience traveling abroad.
Study Abroad Exchange Programs
To apply for any of our Study Abroad programs, please fill out our Study Abroad Application
For information on how to apply for a US Passport
Office of Global Affairs (OGA)
Burpee 2nd Floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Skype ID: sam_rockford
Sam Bandy, Director
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Rockford China Office
招生官：胡盼/ Oriana Hu
办公电话：0086+10 6523 8091
手机：0086+186 0024 5278
International students will prepare a wide variety of international dishes for the University’s 10th annual International Food Festival, Saturday, April 21 from 5 to 8 p.m.read more
Andie Bent had not experienced much outside her “vinyl-sided neighborhood” in small-town Roscoe, Ill., when she enrolled at Rockford University. Now a senior, she has visited more than 20 European cities in the past year, spending her last two semesters abroad at the...read more