We’re here to help you.
The Office of Student Success and Retention is committed to helping all students realize their academic and professional goals.
Student Success / Retention Initiatives
- Track academic success of all students
- Monitor all first-year students
- Work closely with first-year advisors and all faculty
- Work with offices across campus to determine best practices for proactive interventions
- Meet with students who are conditionally enrolled to provide connections with resources available on campus and assist in their academic progress and transition to Rockford University.
- Meet with students who have experienced difficulties in their academic work to assist in their academic progress and continued successful throughout the semester/year.
Faculty Staff Mentors
At Rockford University we feel it is important that we focus on the personal and social development of our new students to enhance their first-year experience. All new First-Year Students are assigned to a Faculty Staff Mentor. First year students will have a supportive relationship with an experienced Rockford University mentor.
The mentor program is is designed to increase a student’s:
- Sense of belonging
- Overall (positive) feelings about their university experience
- Knowledge of academic resources available
- Faculty/staff interaction outside of the classroom
- Persistence through graduation at Rockford University
Office of Student Success and Retention
Nelson Hall--1st floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Karen Walker, Ed.D., Director
Chat with an Admission Counselor