We’re here to help you.
The Office of Student Success and Retention is committed to helping all students realize their academic and professional goals.
Student Success / Retention Initiatives
- Track academic success of all students
- Monitor all first-year students
- Work closely with first-year advisors and all faculty
- Work with offices across campus to determine best practices for proactive interventions
- Meet with students who are conditionally enrolled to provide connections with resources available on campus and assist in their academic progress and transition to Rockford University.
- Meet with students who have experienced difficulties in their academic work to assist in their academic progress and continued successful throughout the semester/year.
Faculty Staff Mentors
At Rockford University we feel it is important that we focus on the personal and social development of our new students to enhance their first-year experience. All new First-Year Students are assigned to a Faculty Staff Mentor. First year students will have a supportive relationship with an experienced Rockford University mentor.
The mentor program is is designed to increase a student’s:
- Sense of belonging
- Overall (positive) feelings about their university experience
- Knowledge of academic resources available
- Faculty/staff interaction outside of the classroom
- Persistence through graduation at Rockford University
Office of Student Success and Retention
Nelson Hall--1st floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Karen Walker, Ed.D., Director
Chat with an Admission Counselor
ROCK SOLID REGENTS
Our students are Rock Solid and recognized for a variety of reasons, including academic achievements, extracurricular involvement and campus leadership. Meet this year’s Rock Solid Regents who were nominated by faculty and staff members for going above and beyond expectations in and outside of the classroom.