VISIT AND TOUR CAMPUS
See us to believe us.
By now, you may have read a little (or a lot) about us, seen some images of our campus, and also maybe heard from a few current students or alums about their experiences here on our campus. We’d love to show and tell you more—in fact, we believe the best way to get to know us and our solid opportunities is to visit our departments, classrooms, athletic facilities, library, performing and visual arts venues, food and recreation centers, and beautiful pathways within our park-like, 150-acre campus. If you haven’t seen our campus, you’re missing out.
- Schedule a personal visit. When you schedule a personal visit, you’ll enjoy many options such as a campus tour, complimentary lunch, attending a class, meeting with a faculty member, speaking with a financial aid representative, staying overnight in a residence hall, chatting with a coach, and attending a performing arts or athletic event. We tailor each visit to our prospective students and their interests. To schedule a personal visit, please contact the Office of Admission at 815-226-4050. Or you can schedule a visit right now >>
- Attend a Visit Day event. We also invite you to attend one of our annual Visit Days during the fall and winter months. During these events, you can tour campus, enjoy lunch, chat with a professor, speak with financial aid, and chat with a coach. Learn more about our Visit Days >>
Rockford, Illinois, is located approximately 90 miles from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and from Chicago, Illinois. Our campus is located a half mile east of the intersection of Business Route 20/East State Street and Alpine Road in Rockford.
- From Chicago. Take I-90 west (Jane Addams Tollway) to Business Route 20/State Street Exit. Go right/west on State Street. Cross Perryville Road and Mulford Road. Rockford University is the fourth stoplight past Mulford Road on the right-hand side.
- From Wisconsin. Take I-90 east to Business Route 20/State Street. Go right/west on State Street. Cross Perryville Road and Mulford Road. Rockford University is the fourth stoplight past Mulford Road on the right-hand side.
- From the South or West. Take I-80 or I-88 to I-39 north. Exit I-39 north on U.S. 20 west to Alpine Road. Go right/north on Alpine Road to State Street and turn right/east. Rockford University is the second stoplight after Alpine Road on the left side.
- By air. Rockford is 68 miles from Chicago’s airports. Air service is also available through the Chicago Rockford International Airport in Rockford.
- By bus. Van Galder Bus Co. (Coach USA) operates hourly shuttle buses between Rockford and O’Hare year round. Van Galder also offers service to Madison, Chicago Midway Airport, the Chicago Loop, and Chicago’s Union Station (Amtrak Station).
- Campus map. View our campus map information.
Office of Admission
Nelson Hall--2nd floor
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Office of Admission
Mon-Thurs - 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sat - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm -- Please call to reserve an appointment on Saturdays.
ROCK SOLID REGENTS
Our students are Rock Solid and recognized for a variety of reasons, including academic achievements, extracurricular involvement and campus leadership. Meet this year’s Rock Solid Regents who were nominated by faculty and staff members for going above and beyond expectations in and outside of the classroom.