The small houses consist of 6 residence halls, all of which are self-contained and co-ed by floor. Each small houses has a common area lounge. All, except Ekvall has a kitchenette. Specific room dimensions can be obtained by clicking on the building names below.
- Buildings: Dayton, Svenson, Caster, Olson, Ekvall, McPhail
- McPhail Hall serves as housing for graduate students.
- Room Options: Double (limited), Single (limited), Suite (not available in Svenson and Dayton Halls)
- 2022-2023: First-Year Experience & Substance Free – Dayton Hall (Male & Female)
- 24 Hour Quiet: Ekvall Hall (Male & Female)
- 2022-2023: 24 Hour Quiet & Substance Free Residence Hall: Svenson Hall (Male & Female)
This three-story complex encompasses four buildings suitable for undergraduate students. The four halls are connected but maintain their individual community environment. In the center of Cummings Complex is an upper and lower lounge that proves to be a great space for people to get together with amenities that include: 2 fireplaces, pool table, a flat screen television, ping pong, shuffle board, and comfortable furniture. Specific room dimensions can be obtained by clicking on the building names below.
- Buildings: Emerson, Barnes, Talcott, Lathrop
- Room Options: Double, Single, Suite (limited), Super Single (very limited)
- Emerson (Female), Barnes, Talcott & Lathrop (Male)
Student Life Suite – Burpee Student Center
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Scott Mitchell, Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life
Mon-Fri – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Graduate Hall Directors
Elizabeth Nguyen (Lathrop & Talcott)
Ian Mitchell (Emerson & Barnes)
Gwen Wisecup (McPhail, Caster & Olson)
Jeannine Menjivar (Dayton, Svenson & Ekvall)