This three-story complex encompasses four buildings suitable for undergraduate students. The four halls are connected but maintain their individual community environment. In the center of Cummings Complex is an upper and lower lounge that proves to be a great space for people to get together with amenities that include: 2 fireplaces, pool table, a flat screen television, ping pong, shuffle board, and comfortable furniture. Specific room dimensions can be obtained by clicking on the building names below.
- Buildings: Emerson, Barnes, Talcott, Lathrop
- Room Options: Double, Single, Suite (limited), Super Single (very limited)
- First-Year Focus Floors: Barnes 3 and Barnes 2
The small houses consist of 6 residence halls, all of which are self-contained and co-ed by floor. The small houses each have a common area lounge and a kitchenette. Specific room dimensions can be obtained by clicking on the building names below.
- Buildings: Dayton, Svenson, Caster, Olson, Ekvall, McPhail
- McPhail Hall serves as graduate assistant housing and the campus VISTA.
- Room Options: Double (limited), Single (limited), Suite (not available in Svenson and Dayton Halls)
- First-Year Experience & Substance Free: Dayton Hall (Male & Female)
- First-Year Experience: Ekvall Hall (Male)
- 24 Hour Quiet & Substance Free Residence Hall: Svenson Hall
Residence Life Schedule
We invite you to check out our current Residence Life Schedule for Fall 2019. All dates are subject to change and it is the responsibility of students to be aware of any changes. Dates for opening and closing of buildings will be posted in advance. Students who need to stay in housing over breaks are required to register for safety and security. Failure to register may result in removal from the halls for the remainder of the break.
Please be aware that meal plans are not active during university breaks. It is the responsibility of the student to plan their own meals during university breaks. During times when the residence halls are still open, but the university closes, dining service will switch to the 2 meals a day schedule.
Student Life Suite – Burpee Student Center
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Scott Mitchell, Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life
Mon-Fri – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Graduate Hall Directors
Clayton Duffy (Talcott & Lathrop)
Alexandria Santiago (Emerson & Barnes)
Damian Helser (Svenson, Dayton & Ekvall)
Brittany Crosby (McPhail, Caster & Olson)