Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree began in 1981 after extensive study of the needs of the Rockford area business and corporate community. With these needs in mind, our MBA program has become a vital and integral part of both the community and the University. Small classes and a professional, experienced, and dedicated faculty provide our MBA graduate students with a quality learning experience.
The MBA at Rockford University is designed for virtually anyone holding a 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. No particular academic background is required. The degree program consists of 12 three-hour classes (nine required and three electives), plus up to five prerequisites.
The MBA program seeks to develop general managerial effectiveness for the person in, or aspiring to, middle or upper management in either a for-profit or not-for-profit organization.* The program covers a variety of functional areas such as accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. The MBA at Rockford University has a balanced, application skill-based program, which emphasizes development of management competencies, with special emphasis on oral and written communication skills instead of being highly theoretical.
* Rockford University recognizes that local not-for-profits are invaluable in spurring community growth and development. While many for-profit organizations in the area do offer tuition assistance to their employees, most not-for-profits are unable to offer the same advantage. So, the MBA program at Rockford University offers a tuition discount for public and not-for-profit employees serving the Rock River Valley.
The MBA at Rockford University is nationally accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The University is also accredited through several organizations.
- Small, intimate classes (average 15 students per class).
- Tuition deferment available with employer reimbursement.
- Tuition discount for employees of public or not-for-profit organizations*.
- Flexibility to enroll in up to four required, non-prerequisite courses, before applying to the program. Note: you are not eligible for financial aid unless you are admitted to the MBA program.
- Nationally and regionally accredited program.
- Advising, registration, and admission all conducted in Rockford.
- Competitive pricing.
- Faculty with current practical experience in the subjects they teach.
- Quality students with business experiences that enhance classroom interaction.
- Course work that incorporates practical applications designed for current work situations.
- Classes designed to help students improve management skills.
- Course work collaboratively tailored to the class by faculty and students.
- One-on-one tutorials available.
- Oldest continuously operating MBA program in the Rockford area.
- Up-to-date classroom facilities designed to meet the needs of graduate students.
- An image in the community of a quality, strong, and educationally sound program.
- An advisory council of prominent business and organizational professionals who provide guidance and input for the program.
- The Rockford University campus, including its vibrant campus activities, resources, and experiences.
Office of Graduate Studies
PURI Business School--Lower Level
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Michele Mehren, Assistant Director
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Copyright © 2015 Rockford University, all rights reserved