REQUIREMENTS AND POLICIES
- Designed to develop general managerial effectiveness, the MBA program at Rockford University covers a variety of functional areas such as accounting, economics, marketing and management, with a strong emphasis on the development of effective communication skills. The program is designed for part-time study with classes being offered evenings, early mornings and weekends.
- The Master of Business Administration program is a 36-semester hour program designed for individuals in, or aspiring to, middle or upper-management positions. The general program consists of nine required courses (27 semester hours) and three elective courses (9 semester hours). There are six different concentrations from which you may choose: Marketing, Finance, Management, Strategic, Public and Not-for-Profit and MBA/CPA.
Policies and Procedures
- Students must maintain a 3.00 GPA in all required graduate course work attempted in the MBA program. Prerequisite MBA courses do not count as part of the required courses.
- Students are expected to enroll in at least one course every school year (fall semester through summer session). Failure to comply will result in students’ dismissal from the program. To be readmitted, students must reapply and follow the rules, regulations and requirements in effect at the time of reapplication. Matriculated students must have signed Plans of Study on file before they will be allowed to register for courses. Plans must be developed in consultation with their advisors before the pre-registration period. Students must complete all requirements for the degree within five years of the date of admission to the degree program.
- A maximum of six semester hours of appropriate graduate credit completed elsewhere within the past five years with a grade of at least a B may be counted toward the degree requirements. Determination of the acceptance of transfer credit will be made at the time of matriculation. Application for transfer credit subsequent to matriculation must be approved before students register for courses at other institutions.
- To avoid any last-minute problems in finishing their degrees, students must complete and submit an Application for MBA Degree Completion/Graduation Application to the Office of Student Administrative Services (SAS). This application should be filed after students have completed 27 hours of required course work (before registering for the last 9 hours). When completing this application, students may want to talk with the program advisor and discuss tentatively scheduled course offerings.
Adding and/or Dropping Courses
Students may add courses during the first week as indicated on the academic calendar (five class days) of the fall or spring semesters with advisor-written approval. To add courses in the second week, students must have written approval from both the advisor and the course instructor. Students may not add any courses, except modular or physical education activities courses, after the second week as indicated on the academic calendar (10th class day) of any semester.
To drop a course(s) a student must drop by the 2nd Friday of the spring and fall semester, by 5:00 p.m., in writing to the Office of Student Administrative Services (SAS) to avoid financial penalty. Students dropping courses after that day will pay for the course in full and receive a “W” on their transcript as long as they notify the Office of Student Administrative Services (SAS) in writing before the 11th Friday of the spring or fall semester. No courses may be withdrawn after the 11th Friday of the semester. Contact the office to find out the drop/withdrawal dates for the summer.
Register now and take up to four classes before officially applying to one of our graduate programs.