MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration, housed in the PURI School of Business, began in 1981 after studying the needs of the Rockford-area business and corporate community. With these needs in mind, Rockford University’s MBA program became a vital and integral part of both the community and the University. Small classes taught by professional, experienced, and dedicated faculty provide our MBA students with a quality learning experience.
Our MBA is designed for anyone holding a 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution. No particular academic background is required. The degree consists of 12 three-hour classes (9 core and 3 electives) with 3 different concentration options in Healthcare Administration, Finance, and Project Management.
MBA Admission Requirements
For admission to the MBA program, students must submit the following MBA Admission Requirements:
- Online application
- Official, sealed transcripts
- $50 application fee
Send all admission documents to Adult Accelerated & Graduate Admission at 5050 E. State St., Rockford, IL 61108 or via email to email@example.com
Submission of the above does not guarantee admission. You MUST be admitted prior to taking your 12th credit hour.
The MBA program develops managerial effectiveness for the person in, or aspiring to, middle or upper management in either a for-profit or not-for-profit organization.* The program covers a variety of functional areas such as accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. You will benefit from the balanced application and skill-based program.
* Rockford University recognizes that local not-for-profits are invaluable in spurring community growth and development. While many for-profit organizations in the area do offer tuition assistance to their employees, most not-for-profits are unable to offer the same advantage. So, the MBA program at Rockford University offers a tuition discount for public and not-for-profit employees serving the Rock River Valley.
The MBA at Rockford University is nationally accredited by the International Assembly of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). The University is also accredited through several organizations.
- Career Advancement – Boost your advancement potential by enhancing your business skills.
- Customized – Gain industry-specific skills in Healthcare Administration, Finance, and Project Management.
- Bloomberg Business Lab – Access information used by leading business, financial, and government decision makers around the globe.
- Collaborative – Work closely with peers in small classes averaging 15 students.
- Quality Courses – Experience a high-quality program accredited by the IACBE and taught by faculty with corporate experience.
- Work and Study – Attend convenient, evening classes designed for the working adult with dinner included. Choose from growing fully online course options.
- Tradition – Trust in the oldest, continuously operating MBA program in the Rockford-area.