Rockford.edu / News
06/02/2017 4:00 pm
Rockford University is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Women’s Soccer. The selected candidate will receive up to 21 hours of tuition remission per academic year, room and board and a monthly stipend. Requirements include working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
1. To foster, mold, guide, lead, and direct student-athletes towards a quality educational experience in order to obtain the ultimate goal of a degree.
2. To develop a successful collegiate women’s soccer program and individual coaching philosophy through recruiting, off-season programs, practice planning, and in-season execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Recruiting phone calls, off-campus visits, setting up on-campus visits.
• High School visits, both in and out of state.
• Setting up and executing practices.
• Game and practice coaching.
• Individual student-athlete meetings.
• Weekly study table sessions.
• Set up individual tutoring and learning sessions through the usage of Rockford University programs.
• Classroom attendance and grade checks.
• Strength and conditioning supervision.
• Film breakdown of both practice and game film.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Acceptance into the graduate program
• Successful playing experience preferably at the collegiate level.
• Position specific knowledge of the game
• A valid driver’s license
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be willing to take initiative and work hard
• Working knowledge of Strength and Conditioning
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Human Resources@rockford.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and be accepted until the position is filled.
Copyright © 2017 Rockford University, all rights reserved