Rockford.edu / News
05/14/2019 1:54 pm
Rockford University, a member of the NCAA DIII and the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, is seeking to fill a position as Graduate Assistant for Men’s Volleyball. Evenings and weekends are required. Graduate Assistants will work a 30+ hours per week in exchange for tuition remission, monthly stipend and room and board.
1. To foster, mold, guide, lead, and direct student-athletes towards a quality educational experience in order to obtain the ultimate goal of a degree.
2. To develop a successful collegiate volleyball program and individual coaching philosophy through recruiting, off-season programs, practice planning, and in-season execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Recruiting phone calls, off-campus visits, setting up on-campus visits.
• High School visits, both in and out of state.
• Setting up and executing practices.
• Game and practice coaching.
• Game travel planning; meals, hotels.
• Individual student-athlete meetings.
• Weekly study table sessions.
• Set up individual tutoring and learning sessions through the usage of Rockford University programs.
• Classroom attendance and grade checks.
• Strength and conditioning supervision.
• Non-traditional practice season/open gym set up.
• Film breakdown of both practice and game film.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Acceptance into the graduate program
• Successful playing experience preferably at the collegiate level.
• Position specific knowledge of the game
• A valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be willing to take initiative and work hard
• Working knowledge of Strength and Conditioning
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved