Faculty and Staff COVID-19 Protocols for Spring 2021
01/15/2021 11:45 am
Welcome to Spring 2021. This is a reminder to all Faculty and Staff of the following COVID-19 protocols that are currently in place. As always, please reach out with any questions.
- We will continue our procedures from the fall semester: All employees should contact Human Resources if they are symptomatic or have been in close contact with someone who is symptomatic or positive for COVID-19.
815-742-0731 (cell after hours, including weekends)
- We are still under Phase 4 guidelines/Tier 3 mitigation which means all departments should be fully-staffed on campus and in operation during standard business hours. We are following information from Winnebago Health Department in order to keep abreast if mitigations will change for our region. If this does change, we will communicate if and how that would affect our workforce.
- All employees should revisit RU Expectations for Spring 2021.
- Employees should not report to work if they are sick or have symptoms.
- Masks are required on campus, in offices and classrooms, at all times. We also require masks to be worn outdoors.
- All employees should refer to the COVID Resource Page on the RU portal for more information.
- The University is monitoring guidance from the Winnebago County Health Department in regards to timeframes for isolation and quarantines. At this time we will continue to use the recommended timeframe of 10-14 days.
Campus Clear App – Faculty and Staff are encouraged to also use the Campus Clear app to monitor symptoms daily. This is a free app that guides you through a symptom checklist for COVID-19. As part of the Rockford University Community Expectations, every member of Rockford University is to check for symptoms before leaving home for class or work.
Here are the links to download the app:
* Apple AppStore: https://apps.apple.com/app/campusclear/id1516163872
* Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.campusclear
* Web app: https://web.ivy.ai/app/campusclear
- Beginning 1/19/2021, the dashboard will be updated daily, Monday-Friday, by end of day.
- Please refer to the Winnebago County Health Department website for more information about the COVID-19 vaccine and the link to register for the vaccine: wchd.org
- At this time, receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is voluntary.
Wishing you a healthy and productive Spring Semester.