Rockford University Community Expectations for Spring 2021
01/14/2021 8:22 pm
Community membership at Rockford University means that we all have a responsibility to take steps to stay well and protect
each other on-campus and in the larger community. We represent Rockford University through our actions both on and off
campus. It is the responsibility of each community member to adhere to these expectations to protect our campus and
surrounding community. We also recognize that we must all support our most vulnerable community members, especially
those whose health and well-being may be affected by COVID-19.
As a member of the Rockford University community, I recognize my responsibility for keeping myself and our community safe
and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. I commit to following Rockford University health and safety guidelines to help
prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and other infections. As a member of the Rockford University community, I agree to:
- Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 through daily symptom and temperature checks, following-up
with medical attention as necessary by contacting Lang Wellness. More information on symptoms is available from
the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds with warm water.
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol when it is available. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed in
- Consider getting vaccinated for Covid-19 as it becomes available. This can be done at https://www.wchd.org/covid.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing both indoors and outdoors (6 feet).
- Wear an effective face mask, covering both the nose and mouth, when on campus (indoors and outdoors) is required.
Exceptions noted below:
- Residents in their rooms with no guests present.
- Employees alone in their offices.
- Athletes participating in authorized team activities/events.
- Students: Stay home if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19, notify the
Lang Wellness Center of my situation, and make arrangements through Lang Wellness Center for tele-participation in
- Employees: Stay home if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19, notify
HR or my supervisor of my situation, make health care plans as necessary.
- Avoid sharing commonly used supplies with others.
- Be positive, attentive, and helpful to anyone who may need support.
Protect Our Community
- Greet without shaking hands.
- Respect personal space and practice six-foot physical distancing.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Disinfect my living/working space and personal items regularly.
- Work to mitigate the spread of germs on frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Follow Rockford University policies related to campus guests, facilities usage, and social distancing.
Rockford University expects all members of our community to adhere to these expectations both on-and off-campus.
Students who do not adhere to these expectations may be in violation of the Code of Student Conduct and subject to conduct
review. Faculty and staff who do not adhere to these expectations may be in violation of Rockford University’s employee
policies and subject to review through the Office of Human Resources.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding COVID-19, please feel free to reach out to the staff in the Lang Wellness Center at 815-226-4083 or at email@example.com.