Community-Based Testing Sites
Free Community Based Testing Site are available in our community. Anyone who needs a test can get tested with or without symptoms.
State COVIDSheild Community Based Testing Site – Rockford
Providence Baptist Church
2209 Clifton Ave.
Rockford, IL 61102
Open at the following times:
- Monday: 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
Pre-register at Login/Register (pointnclick.com). The agency code is df5brbrj.
Select 61102_Providence Baptist church Rockford. Walk-ins welcome.
- Individuals being tested should not eat, drink, use tobacco, brush their teeth, or use mouthwash 60 minutes prior to submitting a sample.
- There is no minimum age requirement to participate in SHIELD testing.
- All visitors must wear a mask as they enter and leave the testing site.
Pharmacy-Based Testing Sites
Pharmacies require appointments that can be scheduled online. There should not be an out of pocket payment for tests given to someone who is symptomatic, who is a close contact to someone who tested positive, or who is recommended to test by a healthcare provider. Do not pay a fee for a COVID-19 test.
Mercy Health System: Javon Bea Hospital Riverside: 8201 E. Riverside Blvd, Loves Park, IL 61111. Phone: 815-971-7000
COVID-19 Nurse Hotline: 833-648-0057
https://www.mercyhealth.com/virtual-care/ for access to Virtual Visit Now for a cost of $49
OSF St. Anthony Medical Center: 5666 E. State St, Rockford, IL 61108. Phone: 815-226-2000
https://www.osfhealthcare.org/covid19/# to use their chat box Clare. She will check your symptoms and tell you what to do next.
OSF COVID Companion is a free text messaging tool that the public can use to receive guidance about COVID-19.
To sign up, text OSF to 67634 and follow the prompts.
You may also call the COVID-19 Nurse Hotline, available 24/7, at (833) OSF-KNOW (833-673-5669).
Physician’s Immediate Care:
6595 East State St. Rockford IL 61108. Phone: 815-226-1300. Open Monday- Friday 8AM to 4:30PM. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
3475 S. Alpine Rd. Rockford, IL 61109. Phone: 815-874-8000. Open Monday- Friday 8AM to 6PM. Saturday and Sunday 8AM-2PM.
Has now instituted Curbside Care. All patients are initially assessed outside the clinic. COVID-19 testing is done on site if approved by the medical provider. Make appointment on-line at https://physiciansimmediatecare.com/clinic/rockford-east-state/ or https://physiciansimmediatecare.com/clinic/rockford-south-alpine/
Swedish American Hospital:
1401 East State St. Rockford, IL 61104 Phone: 815-968-4400
– Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) – wchd.org
– Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – http://www.dph.illinois.gov/
– If you have questions or concerns about COVID-19, call the Illinois Department of Public Health hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email SICK@Illinois.gov
– Center for Disease Control (CDC) – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
– Rockford University Lang Wellness Center – (815) 226-4083; firstname.lastname@example.org
A COVID-19 update email was sent on August 3, 2022 to the Rockford University community and on August 11 the CDC updated guidance for quarantine. Please see below for the new information based on the new CDC guidance. The executive order requiring vaccination...
The executive order requiring vaccination and weekly testing has been rescinded for colleges and universities in July 2022. Students, faculty, and staff are no longer required to test weekly regardless of their vaccination status. Students are strongly...
Governor Pritzker’s executive order requiring that all higher education faculty, staff, and students receive the COVID-19 vaccine is still in place. Please be advised of the following policies: All employees will be required to: Provide proof of being fully vaccinated...
Rockford University will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Winnebago County Health Department and adjust practices on campus as needed based on the level of community transmission. Based on the latest guidance,...
In our COVID-19 policy update that you received earlier in the week, we note the following: Rockford University will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Winnebago County Health Department and adjust practices on...
As you prepare for your return to Rockford University, please take the time to read and review the COVID-19 update for the fall 2021 semester. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Lang Wellness Center at 815-226-4083. ...