Fall 2022 Semester COVID-19 Updates
08/04/2022 12:04 pm
The executive order requiring vaccination and weekly testing has been rescinded for colleges and universities in July 2022. Students, faculty, and staff are no longer required to test weekly regardless of their vaccination status.
Students are strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and booster. Students should upload proof of vaccination to Lang Wellness Center here: https://rockford.jotform.com/211034954494053.
- Students who are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations (including a booster) will NOT have to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact to someone who has tested positive.
- If a student has been vaccinated and is identified as a close contact, but has not provided proof to Lang, the student will be required to quarantine until documentation of vaccination has been received.
- Residential students who have to quarantine or isolate are asked to return home if they live within 100 miles of the university.
- Students who tested positive for COVID-19 over the summer should submit the positive results to Lang here: COVID-19 (jotform.com). Anyone who has been positive for COVID-19 will not be subject to quarantine protocols for 90 days after the positive result.
- If a student tests positive in a classroom, all students will be contacted. Students who are up to date with vaccination (including a booster) will not have to quarantine. Students who are identified as close contacts who have chosen to remain unvaccinated or not up to date with a booster will be subject to quarantine.
- Students who are in quarantine as a result of close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be subject to the attendance policy stated in the syllabus of each of their
- While short-term accommodations will be put into place for students who test positive for COVID- 19, as is often done with other illnesses that require a longer absence, such accommodations are not required to include teleparticipation (Zoom). Rather, accommodations could include sharing slides or notes with the student, extending deadlines, and other possibilities deemed appropriate by the instructor.
- Students participating in clinical experiences will follow any additional guidelines set forth by the clinical placement.
Employees are strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and booster.
- Employees should send their proof of vaccination for COVID-19 to Human Resources.
- Employees who are up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations (including a booster) will not have to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact to someone who has tested positive.
As always, anyone is free to wear a mask at any point. Should you have any questions, students should contact Lang Wellness Center at HealthCenter@rockford.edu or at 815-226-2840, employees should contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. or at 815-226-4376.