COVID-19 Update for Fall 2021
07/26/2021 11:30 am
As you prepare for your return to Rockford University, please take the time to read and review the COVID-19 update for the fall 2021 semester. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Lang Wellness Center at 815-226-4083.
- Students are very strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Students should upload proof of vaccination to Lang Wellness Center here: https://rockford.jotform.com/211034954494053.
- Proof of vaccination will keep students who are identified as close contacts from needing to quarantine.
- If a student has been vaccinated and is identified as close contact, but has not provided proof to Lang, the student will be required to quarantine until documentation of vaccination has been received.
- Students who ARE fully vaccinated will no longer have to:
- Wear masks.
- Please note: by not wearing a mask indoors, you are certifying that you have been fully vaccinated.
- Practice social distancing.
- Quarantine after exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual.
- Students who ARE NOT fully vaccinated must comply with the following expectations:
- Wear a mask while indoors (except when actively eating or drinking or within your assigned living space).
- Practice social distancing (including wearing a mask outdoors if social distancing cannot be maintained).
- Quarantine if identified as close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Classroom Policy
- If a student tests positive in a classroom, all students will be contacted. Students who provide proof (or have already provided) proof of vaccination will not be subjected to quarantine. Those who have chosen to remain unvaccinated will be subject to quarantine protocol.
- Students who are in quarantine as a result of close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 will be subject to the attendance policy stated in the syllabus of each of their classes.
- While short-term accommodations will be put into place for students who test positive for COVID-19, as is often done with other illnesses that require a longer absence, such accommodations are not required to include tele-participation (Zoom). Rather, accommodations could include sharing slides or notes with the student, extending deadlines, and other possibilities deemed appropriate by the instructor.
- Students who ARE NOT vaccinated should wear masks in class and observe social distancing.
- Student-athletes should be aware of the following:
- Student-athletes who ARE vaccinated will NOT have to participate in surveillance testing.
- Student-athletes who ARE vaccinated and are identified as close contacts will NOT have to quarantine.
- Student-athletes who ARE NOT vaccinated will be required to participate in surveillance testing up to 3 times per week.
- Student-athletes who ARE NOT vaccinated will be required to quarantine should they be identified as close contact.
All Rockford University community members should continue to mitigate the spread of germs by:
- Monitoring for any signs of illness and staying home if feeling sick. If sick, students should contact Lang Wellness Center at 815-226-4083.
- Washing hands frequently for 20 seconds.
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces with cleaning products provided in classrooms and community spaces.
We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation around COVID-19 and will provide updated guidelines as needed.