COVID-19 Temporary Addendum
07/29/2021 4:02 pm
In our COVID-19 policy update that you received earlier in the week, we note the following: Rockford University will continue to monitor guidance from the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Winnebago County Health Department and adjust practices on campus as needed based on the level of community transmission. While our general policy remains in place, requiring only those who are unvaccinated to wear a mask indoors, we are implementing a temporary addendum based on updated guidance from federal, state, and local health officials.
Starting Monday, August 2 and until Winnebago County’s level of community transmission falls to a moderate or low level. All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask indoors where social distancing cannot be maintained. Social distancing is defined as being able to be at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people at all times.
We will monitor our community transmission level daily and will update the campus community once Winnebago County’s level falls and/or the guidance from our health official’s changes. You can review the community transmission levels here: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view
Guidelines for Employees:
- Employees are very strongly encouraged to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Employees should send proof of vaccination to Monique DiVenti by scanning and sending a copy of their vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org. Human Resources will be sending employees an email if we have not received a copy of your vaccination record. If we do not receive a copy of your vaccination card, it will be assumed you have not been vaccinated.
- Human Resources will continue to require all employees who are sick, test positive for COVID-19, or are close contact with someone with symptoms of, or positive for, COVID-19 to call 815-394-4376 immediately.
- Human Resources will continue to do contact tracing and will use the same process as before in order to determine if quarantine is necessary. Proof of vaccination will keep employees who are identified as close contacts from needing to
- If an employee has been vaccinated and is identified as close contact, but has not provided proof of vaccination to Human Resources, the employee will be required to quarantine until documentation of vaccination has been.
Guidelines for Students:
- Rockford University strongly recommends that students be vaccinated.
- Vaccinated students who are “close contacts” will not be subject to quarantine and isolation protocols.
- Vaccinated students are asked to submit proof of vaccination to Rockford University at: https://rockford.jotform.com/211034954494053.
- Vaccinated students who have not submitted proof of vaccination will be subject to the same requirements/protocols as those who are unvaccinated.
- Unvaccinated students will be subject to all appropriate quarantine and isolation protocols should they become a “close contact.”
- Unvaccinated student-athletes will be subject to surveillance testing up to three times per week.
- Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Lang Wellness Center at (815) 226-4083
All Rockford University community members should continue to mitigate the spread of germs by:
- Monitoring for any signs of illness and staying home if feeling If sick, employees should contact Human Resources at 815-394-4376.
- Washing hands frequently for 20
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces with cleaning products provided in classrooms and community