Alpha-Helix at Rockford University exists to bring students interested in all areas of science together to talk, learn more about their future careers and schools, and to help give back to the community. We seek to unify our students and work together to make Rockford University a better place. We welcome students from all sciences, of all ages, and working on any degree.
- Integrate science goals and studies into future careers
- Help students learn more about how they can get the careers they want and into the graduate/professional schools they want
- Aid students in volunteer work to give back
- BANG! The kick-off of April Weekend where Alpha-Helix members put on an explosion show and collect canned goods for the local food pantry.
- Seedlings Project. We grow seedlings to eventually donate to the food pantry for fresh foods for families and individuals in need.
- Visit UIC Pharmacy at Chicago in Rockford. Students go to UIC to learn about how to get into Pharmacy School and what it is like when you get there.
Alpha-Helix promotes the sciences within the Rockford University community and provides programs, services, and events of interest pertaining to the sciences. This group is dedicated to advancing the educational opportunities and experiences for students interested in pursuing health and science professions. Whether you’re familiar with science or just want to learn a bit more about us, Alpha-Helix is the place to be! The club meets on the third floor of Starr. We welcome everyone!
Advisors: Professor Sean Beckmann
Chemical and Biological Sciences
Starr Science Building
5050 E. State St.
Rockford, IL 61108
Matthew Bork Ph.D.
Dept. Chair Chemical & Biological Sciences/ Assistant Prof of Chemistry