The Chemical and Biological Sciences Department maintains an extensive instrumentation lab including the following Instruments:
- FT-NMR – Varian EM 60 with FT Upgrade
- FT-IR – Mattson Galaxy 3020
- UV/Vis Diode Array – HP 8452 with OLIS Upgrade
- UV/Vis Scanning – Numerous Thermo Genesys 10 Spectrometers
- GC/MS – Agilent GC’s with Gertstel Autosamplers
- one Instrument with Agilent Quadrapole MS
- Second Instrument with LECO Pegasus TOF MS
- GC/FID Agilent 7980A with 16 position Autosampler
- HPLC – JASCO Quad Pump HPLC with Single Channel UV/Vis
- FPLC – BioRad Biological with Auto Fraction Collection – Refrigerated
- Bomb Calorimeter – PAAR Adiabatic Bomb Calorimeter
- Polarimeter – Jasco P2000 Digital Polarimeter
- Atomic Absorption – Perkin Elmer AAnalyst 800 with Graphite and Acetylene Furnaces
The GC/MS Instrumentation is Provided in Collaboration with the following Groups:
Monitoring of Instrumentation Computers and Equipment by:
Alchemists and Biophiles
The CBS Department publishes and annual newsletter for Biology, Chemistry, and Biochemistry alumni. If you would like to update your fellow alumni, please email the department chair or contact the Rockford University Alumni Office.
Chemical and Biological Sciences
Starr Science Building
5050 E. State St.
Rockford, IL 61108
James Marshall, Ph.D.