Bachelor’s Degree, Must be admitted to MAT or MBA program
Description & Details
The Regent’s Softball Team invites applicants for a Graduate Assistant position to begin Fall 2017. SUMMARY:1. To foster, mold, guide, lead, and direct student-athletes towards a quality educational experience in order to obtain the ultimate goal of a degree.
2. To develop a successful collegiate softball program and individual coaching philosophy through recruiting, off-season programs, practice planning, and in-season execution.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recruiting phone calls, off-campus visits, setting up on-campus visits.
• High School visits, both in and out of state.
• Setting up and executing practices.
• Game and practice coaching.
• Individual student-athlete meetings.
• Weekly study table sessions.
• Set up individual tutoring and learning sessions through the usage of Rockford University programs.
• Classroom attendance and grade checks.
• Strength and conditioning supervision.
• Film breakdown of both practice and game film.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Acceptance into the graduate program
• Successful playing experience preferably at the collegiate level.
• Position specific knowledge of the game
• A valid driver’s license
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be willing to take initiative and work hard
• Working knowledge of Strength and Conditioning
The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of an assistant softball coach. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, and kneel. The incumbent may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Employees work in a professional office environment that is highly visible to members and the university community. Normal office conditions prevail. Ability to be available at times outside normal working hours for meetings and events is a must.
How to Apply
Email a letter of interest, resume and list of three professional references to: