05/24/2018 3:38 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for a graduate assistantship in Cross Country and Track and Field (Sprints/Jumps). The successful candidate will be available to begin 8/1/18. This is a 12 month position, working 30+ hours per week.
1. To fulfill all the necessary duties of a collegiate cross country and track coach.
2. To organize and facilitate collegiate sprints and jumps practices.
3. To creatively assist the head coach in recruiting, practice planning, meet management, and fundraising.
4. To foster a team culture that enhances the quality of education for student-athletes at Rockford University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
• Organize and run practices (Sprints/Jumps)
• Generate large numbers of recruiting contact lists
• Organize mailings
• Make connections with high school coaches through email and/or phone
• Build relationships with potential student athletes through emails, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
• Manage Front Rush recruiting software
• Be able to create macro and micro training plans for any track and field event discipline as directed.
• Assist in practice planning for both cross country and track field teams
• Develop offseason training plans for track and field athletes not competing in cross country
• Supervise practices and weight room sessions as needed
• Contact current students about tutoring opportunities
• Aid program in the successful adherence of all compliance requirements for both the NCAA and the University
• Assist in the acquisition, proper use, storage, and maintenance of team uniforms and equipment
• Help develop a highly competitive yet appropriate competition schedule
• Create and plan summer camps and clinics
• Generate fundraising plans
• Aid in event management of cross country meets hosted on the Rockford University campus (both collegiate and high school).
• Operate rental vehicles
• Organize storage spaces
• Complete facility management projects as needed
• Keep a clean and orderly workspace
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Full acceptance into either the Master of Business Administration (MBA) or the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree program at Rockford University
• 1-2ys experience coaching cross country and/or track and field
• Experience as a collegiate athlete at the NCAA Div I, II, or III level(s)
• Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations
• Working knowledge of training theory
• Valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
Coaches are expected to actively participate in practices through running, biking, weightlifting, or walking. The successful candidate must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and maintain a high level of enthusiasm while at practices and meets. Competitions will require a great deal of movement in a wide variety of weather conditions. Coaches must be able to lift 50lbs. It is preferred that coaches be able to demonstrate proper running and weight room mechanics to athletes.
Coaches must maintain a consistent presence on campus throughout the school year and a professional appearance is required in all phases of the job. The successful candidate must be able to work with diverse individuals, and maintain working relationships with all members of the Rockford University faculty and staff. Work during evening hours and on weekends is expected. Some travel will be required.
• Tuition remission- 21 hours per year
• Stipend- $200 per working month
• Campus housing
• Campus meal plan (excluding break periods and summer months)
How to Apply:
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please email cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu
05/22/2018 12:37 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the Director of Enrollment Data and Systems. Primary responsibilities for this position will be to work with the Enrollment Management leadership team to provide the most relevant data possible at all times and to manage the software systems used within Enrollment Management. The position will focus on how the various enrollment management data systems work together and liaise with Information Technology (IT) department to direct efforts at improvements. This position will act a primary connection to external partners where enrollment systems and data are of primary concern. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management with strong partnership ties to Associate and Assistant Vice Presidents in division. The incumbent will be a self-directed individual who can manage the fast-paced enrollment environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Direct oversight, administration, facilitation and maintenance of a customized Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System. Manage the technology, analysis, strategic planning and communications related to CRM utilization.
• Development, customization and maintenance of dashboards for enrollment management staff.
• Serve as the primary enrollment liaison with Information Technology (IT) staff. Work collaboratively with IT staff and others to increase and standardize use of CRM features.
• Extract, analyze and assess admissions recruitment and prospect data in order to maximize CRM capabilities.
• Develop CRM training materials, documentation and best practices for enrollment management staff.
• Provide technical support for end users.
• Develop and maintain workflows to automate enrollment functions within the CRM.
• Develop and maintain workflows for automated and differentiated communication campaigns in the CRM.
• Develop and maintain data templates to the CRM for importing data sources from outside vendors
• Continually develop new workflows in the CRM to maximize existing and new functionality.
• Utilize the Ellucian PowerCampus Student Information System and other systems to produce enrollment related data via custom and canned reporting modules for short-term and long-term strategic use.
• Liaise with Information Technology department to build a new data warehouse and reporting system within SIS.
• Collect, analyze and report enrollment related survey data (e.g., admitted student questionnaires, event surveys).
• Develop analytics to track activity and direct strategy.
• Create auditing systems to ensure data integrity (i.e, duplicate resolution, erroneous or unusable entries, reassigning records, etc).
• Plan and implement data and reporting strategies to assist in making strategic decisions concerning enrollment operations.
• Stay informed and up to date on all enrollment management software systems.
• Execute system upgrades for the CRM.
• Handle related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
• Proficiency with CRMs required, Salesforce/Target X preferred
• Proficiency with Student Information Systems (Ellucian PowerCampus a plus)
• Ability to collect, analyze and report quantitative and qualitative data
• Ability to examine, synthesize and report on information effectively
• Knowledge of Student Information Systems (Ellucian PowerCampus a plus)
• Ability to write custom queries using Microsoft SQL
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in customer service in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience
• Knowledge of enrollment planning and admission office operational functions preferred
• Basic knowledge pertaining to troubleshooting hardware, software applications, and web-based applications.
• Ability to translate dense technical requirements to audiences with varying technical understanding
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Team lead and mentoring skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Understanding marketing automation and communication plans
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
• Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four year college degree, advanced degree desirable
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
04/19/2018 4:41 pm
Rockford University Communications Department is accepting candidates for the position of Advancement Communication Specialist. This position will primarily assist the Communications office, along with other areas of the Institutional Advancement division with a wide variety of public and campus communications, events, web platform management, and general office support. The position requires a detail-orientated individual who has proven skills in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously in a face-paced environment. The candidate will be required to support communication efforts with all audiences of the institution including students, alumni, donors, faculty, staff, trustees, the public, and the media. Attention to detail and ability to plan assignments from conception to completion is necessary. Excellent written, verbal, and technical skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Assists in publishing University news including collecting information, determining content, writing copy and taking photos or working to acquire images to support content.
• Assistance with maintenance of media distribution channels.
• Primary oversight and management of the Communication office distribution and media tracking platforms – Merit and Meltwater.
• Assist in identifying, researching and writing feature articles and stories that help illustrate the successful work of the university by providing assistance in writing, editing and placing news releases.
• Assist with content for the University publication Catalyst magazine and Annual Report.
• Assist with gathering assets for digital content.
• Manage and distribute weekly and biweekly online on-line communications to campus via e-newsletters Regent Weekly and mid-week updates.
• Assist with daily management of the university’s primary social media channels.
• Assist with event planning for alumni gatherings, press conferences, special events, etc.
• Manage registration for alumni events or other institutional events
• Daily management within the web-based platform for both internal and external sites – serve as an expert resource for campus wide development/maintenance/monitoring – specifically providing oversight and expertise for all internal pages on my.rockford.edu.
• General project management as required.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience with emphasis in communications, public relations, and writing.
• Strong ability to interpret and process written and verbal communication for public distribution
• Solid working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and Internet Content Management logic
• General understandings of website content management.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite software – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
• Social media experience including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
• Friendly, customer service orientated and outgoing personality comfortable in problem solving and finding resolutions.
• Understanding of publication layout concepts and desktop publishing software a plus.
• Able to work on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Comfortable interacting with people from all areas of the campus including Executive Council, Trustees, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter including salary requirement, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
04/13/2018 1:00 pm
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission, the Admission Counselor will be responsible for successfully recruiting and enrolling students to Rockford University. To achieve these goals, the incumbent will review applications for undergraduate admission, conduct recruitment travel, as well as advise and counsel prospective students, guidance counselors, and other constituencies regarding the admission process and academic programs. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting individual and team enrollment goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in the development of student recruitment plans, strategies, and written materials.
• Analyzes qualifications of prospective students utilizing established University admissions standards, guidelines and criteria.
• Communicates on the phone, via e-mail, and in person with prospective students, applicants, parents, transfer coordinators and others to provide information and answer questions about Rockford University.
• Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges. Speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with guidance counselors to promote the University. Assists in coordinating recruitment events; arranges visits from prospective students and parents.
• Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and high schools throughout the state and country.
• Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment programs; analyzes trends in recruitment.
• Prepares reports and proposals.
• Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the department; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prefer 1 to 3 years sales experience
• Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
• Must be comfortable with public speaking
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must be able to work nights and weekends
• Position requires overnight travel
Review of resumes will begin immediately and be accepted until the position is filled. Materials submitted for all positions should include a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Application materials that do not include all of this information will not be considered.
04/12/2018 9:09 am
Rockford University Department of Police and Public Safety invites candidates for a fulltime Safety and Security Officer, working nights. Seeking a highly motivated, customer-service oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities. Position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member. Position requires employees to maintain current certifications at all times in First Aid, CPR, AED and NIMS for Higher Education. Employees must maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record along with a clean criminal background at all times. Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word is required.
General Responsibilities include maintaining building security, enforcing University policies and regulations, and responding to various types of emergencies. Specific Responsibilities include patrolling campus; making regularly scheduled checks of buildings and grounds; parking and traffic control; responding to and investigating fire alarms, medical emergencies and other incidents; maintaining accurate reports. Safety & Security Officers also provide security coverage for University athletic events and social functions.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 21 years of age or older
• High School diploma or the equivalent (2 or 4 year degree preferred)
• Valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance
• One-year security officer, law enforcement, or military police experience.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; commitment to exceptional customer service
• Ability to work a 12 hour shift; including flexibility to work some weekends and holidays
Safety & Security Officers may be required to perform the following physical requirements in the course of their normal duty shift: lift 50 Lbs.; run 100 meters; lift and bend; go up and down stairs; and be in good physical condition.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter indicating wage requirements, resume and list of three professional references to Nichole Hoey at Humanresources@rockford.edu.
Candidates are subject to a full background investigation, including criminal history, verification of education, work experience, and references. EOE
04/11/2018 10:00 am
The Graduate Assistant will support Career Development through planning and executing workshops and events, counseling students and alumni, and effectively performing other duties as listed in the description. He/she co- supervises student workers. When the Director is out of the office, the Graduate Assistant will act in his/her place. The benefits include a monthly stipend and up to 21 credit hours of tuition remission per academic year. Position begins 8/1/18 and GA’s are required to work year round.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in psychology, education or a related field is desired.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter and list of professional references to: HumanResources@rockford.edu
04/09/2018 3:00 pm