Since 1952, our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree has established a proud tradition as a teacher of teachers. Our MAT graduates have distinguished themselves as educational leaders throughout the nation. Small classes and a professional, experienced, and dedicated faculty provide our MAT graduate students with a quality learning experience.
Our endorsements and Master of Arts in Teaching degree tracks will strengthen your career or prepare you for a rewarding future in education — whether you are already in the teaching field, new to teaching, or dreaming of becoming a teacher.
Our programming is unique, flexible and accelerated!
- Design a plan tailored to your passion
- Small class sizes with individual attention
- Traditional campus setting with night classes for working adults
- Competitive tuition and options for payment
- Dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff to help you every step of the way
- Only MAT program of its kind in the region
- Come with any undergraduate degree and earn a teaching degree
- Since 2000, 22 of our alumni have been honored with Golden Apple Awards and 2 alumnae have been recognized as Illinois Teachers of the Year
Office of Graduate Studies
PURI Business School--Lower Level
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Michele Mehren, Assistant Director
Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Copyright © 2015 Rockford University, all rights reserved