Many full-time, undergraduate students qualify for Student Employment while attending Rockford University. If you are interested in working, please review this information so you are prepared when you arrive. Please note that you must bring original forms of identification with you to campus so as not to delay your start date.

Work Authorization Forms

  • To qualify for student employment, you must accept Campus Employment or Federal Work Study as part of your financial aid package. Accepting one of these options will result in a Work Authorization Form. You must get a Work Authorization Card from Student Administrative Services (1st floor, Nelson Hall) prior to interviewing.
  • A work authorization form must be provided to each supervisor at the time of your interview.

Find a Job

  • Go to: Student Openings
  • View posted positions and follow contact instructions to request an interview with the hiring supervisor.

Fill out Student Employment Application

  • Student Employment Application 
  • Take a copy of your application and Work Authorization Card to the hiring supervisor at the time of your interview.

Complete Employment Paperwork at Human Resources

  • You will not be able to start working until you have completed necessary paperwork at Human Resources (1st floor, Nelson Hall). You will receive an email to schedule an orientation once HR has been notified that you have been hired.
  • You must bring original forms of identification to the orientation for the Federal I-9 form (Most common are a photo ID, Social Security Card, Certified copy of your birth certificate and Passport). No photocopies/faxes/scanned documents will be accepted. All International Students must bring their Visa and any other related documents.
  • Direct Deposit is the preferred method of payment. A voided check is required to set this up.

Human Resources

PURI School of Business, Lower Level
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
fax: 815.226.4190
Nichole Hoey, HR Specialist

Mon-Fri - 8:30 am to 5:00 pm