MASTER OF EDUCATION (M.Ed.)
Rockford University’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) with endorsements increases your marketability and boosts your resume as a teacher. Enhance your teaching career, and add new skills.
Who is it for?
Experienced teachers who hold a Professional Educator License (PEL) and want to add a subsequent endorsement in Bilingual, ESL, Elementary Education, Special Education LSB1, or Reading Teacher to their PEL.
Experienced teachers who are also interested in increasing their pay by earning a master’s degree.
MEd: Admission Requirements
For admission to the M.Ed. program, students must hold a Professional Educator License and submit the following to be evaluated:
- Apply at rockford.edu/apply
- Choose Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Choose your preferred endorsement
- Official transcripts with degree posting from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Submit official transcripts in sealed envelope or digitally secure email
Submission of the above does not guarantee admission.
How does it work?
Educators with a PEL can select an area of specialization to earn a subsequent endorsement:
- Early Childhood Education
- Reading Teacher
- Special Education (LBS1)
This master’s program combines coursework for the endorsement and classes in educational foundations and research. Complete the endorsement in year one, and finish the M.Ed. in year two.
*Want to explore deeper into reading curriculum and instruction beyond an endorsement? Ask about RU’s MAT Reading Specialist program.