GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Since 1952, our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree has established a proud tradition as a teacher of teachers. Our MAT graduates have distinguished themselves as educational leaders throughout the nation. Small classes and a professional, experienced, and dedicated faculty provide our MAT graduate students with a quality learning experience.
Our endorsements and Master of Arts in Teaching degree tracks will strengthen your career or prepare you for a rewarding future in education — whether you are already in the teaching field, new to teaching, or dreaming of becoming a teacher.
- Earn a Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Elementary, K-12, Secondary, or Special Education
- Add a subsequent endorsement to a PEL in Early Childhood, Elementary, K-12, Secondary, or Special Education
- As a licensed teacher, earn your master’s in Instructional Strategies or in Reading with a Reading Specialist endorsement
- Earn endorsements in ESL/Bilingual, Learning Behavior Specialist I, Middle School, and Reading Teacher
Our programming is unique, flexible and accelerated!
MAT: Admission Requirements
For admission to the MAT program, students must submit the following to be evaluated:
- Admission Requirements
- MAT Recommendation Form
- Immunization Form – (if you are taking six or more credits on campus)
Submission of the above does not guarantee admission
**You MUST be admitted prior to taking your 12th credit hour**