The college search is all about choices.
- Small or large
- Less than an hour or 4+ hours from home
- Lectures or 1:1
- Living on campus or off
- To do the FAFSA or not
Aside from the last option (you DO want to do the FAFSA), you have options. And we’d just like to say, thanks. Thank you for considering Rockford University for your student.
The right education is life-changing. It not only prepares your student for a successful career, but also for the world. Below, see what you and your student can expect from Rockford University.
In short, Rockford University is a Rock Solid choice. It’s a unique place with small class sizes, close connections, and educational experiences you will not find anywhere else in the region. We’re anxious to help your student see how they can be successful here.
Curious to learn more? Visit us. We’re here to help, so let’s chat about the choices surrounding your student’s college search, financial aid, our Rock Solid academics, student support, safety… give us a call at 815.226.4050 or sign up to visit today at rockford.edu/visit.
Rock Solid Support
- Faculty is dedicated to teaching your student and helping them realize and exceed their own expectations
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 11:1
- Faculty and staff serve as mentors and are ready to support your student’s goals and social development
- Support services:
- Tutoring and Writing Centers
- Center for Learning Strategies
- Career Development Office
- Health and Wellness
- Disability Services
- Student Success & Retention
- Close-knit campus that feels like family
- Opportunities to connect classroom learning to practical situations
- Plenty of fun/school-sponsored activities outside of the classroom. Plus, the added benefit of planning campus activities and gaining valuable leadership skills
- 14 Division III sports to compete in or cheer on
- Unlimited opportunities to personally grow on campus
- Choice between small house residence halls, a larger living complex, and commuting
- 24/7 Department of Public Safety to keep your student safe
- Internships, job shadowing, mock interviews, and resume help
- Faculty and staff are well connected to the community. Those connections provide students with opportunities and internships that open doors upon graduation
- Rigorous liberal arts education will help your student understand a broad scope of ideas and concepts
- Long and proud tradition of service that extends beyond the classroom
- Short-term and semester-long study abroad programs
- Student Opportunity Fund (funding opportunities for research, travel, conferences, and more)
- Graduate-level experiences in our undergraduate programs
- 99% of our full-time students receive financial aid
- Check out our handy guide on how to pay for a Rockford University education