The Bachelor of Science in Management Studies, housed within the PURI School of Business, provides a quality educational experience for working adults with some college, who want to earn a degree in management with a flexible format to advance in their careers.
Harness leadership abilities, cultivate interpersonal skills, and promote decision-making based on critical thinking all within the context of a liberal arts education. Build on your previously completed coursework to embrace a changing workplace, success in business management, and aspire to leadership.
- 8-week classes
- Hybrid format (5 weeks face-to-face and 3 weeks online) or online format (new courses being created to provide you with a 100% online experience)
- Complete in as few as 18 months (depending upon transferable credits)
- Small classes of approximately 15 students
- Faculty with corporate experience
- Learn alongside fellow working adults
- $440 per credit hour
- Financial aid options
- Multiple start dates for your convenience approximately every 5-weeks
- Ease of transferring community college credit to RU (including A.A.S credit!)
- Year-round applications accepted
Are you looking to advance your career but thought you’d have a lot of additional coursework to earn your bachelor’s degree? If you answered yes, the Rockford Ready program just made it easier. If you have an A.A.S. degree in business from Rock Valley College, you can seamlessly transfer to Rockford University.
How does Rockford Ready work?
- Earn an RVC Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. Develop basic business essentials and soft skills to interact more effectively on the job.
- Transfer your associate’s degree. Enhance your technical and business skills to support your career ambitions.
- Complete an RU Business Management Bachelor’s Degree. Aspire to leadership roles: Harness managerial abilities, cultivate interpersonal skills, and promote decision-making based on critical thinking.
Why is Rockford Ready the right choice?
- Convenient—Complete your bachelor’s degree in business management locally with an easy transition from RVC to RU.
- Flexible—Choose from online and hybrid courses in an accelerated format to balance school with work and family life.
- Affordable—Make a smart investment in your future by beginning your coursework at RVC and completing your bachelor’s degree at RU, earning a four-year degree for less than the cost of one year at an out-of-state, public four-year university.
Returning to school as an adult student was scary for me. I had tried on three different occasions, but struggled due to being a caregiver for many of my family members. Now is my time. Rockford University is a great fit for me!