DATABASES A-Z LIST
- Search All Library Resources
Search across (almost) all of the content that the library owns, from books in the library to article databases, online encyclopedias, and streaming video.
- Academic Search Complete
This huge database is a good place to start for scholarly articles and news on almost any topic. It contains a subset of the articles available in Search All Library Resources.
The best way to search for e-books is by searching in All Resources and selecting E-books as the source type.
- Academic Search Complete Huge collection of scholarly articles on many topics.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information Published by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, AHFS includes more than a thousand drug information monographs written in lay language for consumers.
- American Chemical Society Journals Full-text access to scholarly journals in chemistry and related fields.
- Anthropological Index Free searchable database of citations for articles in field of anthropology.
- Arxiv Open access database of articles and pre-prints in physics, math, and computer science.
- Black Thought & Culture Contains complete published non-fiction works, interviews, journal articles, speeches, essays, pamphlets, and letters of leading African Americans through history.
- Business Source Elite Best place to start for business info. Find journal articles on business topics, business-oriented trade magazines, and Datamonitor company profiles. Plentiful full-text.
- CINAHL Complete Best place to start for scholarly journal articles and trade magazines related to all aspects of health and medicine, selected specifically for field of nursing. Mostly full-text.
- Consumer Health Complete A comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content.
- Credo Reference Search online versions of 100 specialized encyclopedias. A great place to start your research.
- Funk & Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia Over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- GreenFile Interdisciplinary database of scholarly articles relating to the environment and environmental change.
- HarpWeek Search issues from 1857 to 1912 of Harper’s Weekly, one of the most important American magazines in the 19th century.
- Health Source – Consumer Edition This database provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines, topics include the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health.
- Health Source – Nursing/Academic edition Another great source for scholarly info related to nursing, including info on prescription drugs and other supplements.
- Lexis Nexis Academic Universe Find current news, company information, and information about court cases. Full-text access.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) Indexes over 600 journals in the area of library and information science. Some full-text.
- MAS Ultra – School Edition Designed specifically for high school libraries, and contains magazine articles, encyclopedias, biographies, and images.
- Masterfile Premier Database of newspaper, magazine, and academic journal articles designed specifically for public libraries, including a digital image collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Medline Database of biomedical and life sciences journal articles.
- Military & Government Collection Full text for nearly 300 journals and periodicals providing current news on all branches of the military and government.
- MLA International Bibliography Best and largest collection of scholarly journal articles, books, and dissertations on language and literature. Some full-text.
- Newspaper Source Full-text access to global and local newspapers.
- Primary Search Designed specifically for elementary school libraries, and allows you to filter by reading level.
- Professional Development Collection Designed for professional educators, and contains scholarly journals, education reports, and other resources for teachers.
- Project Muse Humanities-focused database of scholarly journals. Full-text access.
- PsycArticles + PsycInfo Best place to find scholarly articles in field of psychology.
- PsycTests Covers non-proprietary tests and measures in psychology.
- Public Library of Science Collection of open access journals in the sciences.
- PubMed Largest index of citations for scholarly journal articles in health and medicine. Some full-text.
- Regional Business News Find articles from publications that cover business news locally and regionally. E.g., Crain’s, Indianapolis Business Journal, etc. Plentiful full-text.
- Sanborn Maps of Illinois Sanborn maps were originally created to help fire insurance companies determine the risks associated with insuring properties. Collection includes maps from 1867-1970.
- Saskia Fine Art Images The collection contains 30,000 digital images of paintings, sculpture and architecture, including images from the world’s top museums.
- TOCS-IN Citations for scholarly journal articles in Classics (on ancient Greece and Rome). No full-text.
- Women and Social Movements Organized around the history of women in social movements in the U.S. between 1600 and 2000, this collection contains primary source documents and scholarly essays on women’s history.