Clubs and Organizations
Activities, Clubs, and Leadership
Through Student Activities, students can meet new people on campus, test and further develop their leadership skills, and have fun. These opportunities offer a plethora of experiences for all students. In fact, our campus community is large enough to provide a diverse list of activities and clubs, but it's also small enough for students to get involved in as many organizations as they'd like. And if they don't see a club or organization they desire, they can start one!
- Campus Activities Board (CAB). CAB is a student-run organization that aims to promote and provide entertainment that will create long-lasting memories. CABBIES (members of CAB) are often the most energized and enthusiastic students on campus! You will know an event is coming when you see crazy colored shirts all over campus. Past events include: Operation Glow Dance Party, Casino Night, Annual Costume Badminton tournament, Paintball Excursion, and overnight trips to Chicago and Mall of America.
- Clubs and Organizations. Joining a club or organization is an excellent way to enjoy student life at Rockford University! At the beginning of each semester, Student Activities hosts a Clubs & Orgs Fair on campus as a way for students to get connected. Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity to learn about what we have to offer to you as a Rockford University student.
Current clubs include: Alpha Helix, Art Society, CAB, Disc Golf, Fashion Club, Gamers' Garden, Club InterVarsity, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Multicultural Club, Music Club, Muslim Student Association, Nursing Student Organization, Philosophy and World Relations, Psych Society, Radio Club, Regent Players, Regent Reporter, Student Government Association, Senior Club, Spanish Club, T.E.A.C.H.
- Commuter Students. The key to success as a commuter student is taking full advantage of what is available and getting the most out of your university experience by being involved on campus. Commuter and part-time students are welcome to join any and all student activities, events, clubs, and more!
- Leadership Development. Leadership Explosion is a one-day student leadership conference that takes place on campus each fall semester. The conference consists of a keynote speaker and breakout sessions that apply to all students. Students are able to design their experience based on their needs. In addition, Student Activities hosts an Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony towards the end of April. This event is designed to recognize student organizations, student leaders, advisors, and faculty and staff members. It is a time for everyone to come together to celebrate the accomplishments that have been made throughout the year.
- Student Government. Students at Rockford University have traditionally played an important role in the governance of the University. Through SGA, students maintain a voice in the campus by communicating for and to students. On behalf of all students, SGA administers clubs and student activities at the University through its own committees. Student representatives hold memberships on the Board of Trustees and its Student Affairs Committee, as well as being members of the Academic Standards, Admission & Retention, Curriculum and Forum Committees of the faculty. Student groups meet in formal and informal settings with the University president, administrators and faculty. For more information, contact SGA@rockford.edu.