Hello! Hola! Bonjour! Privet!
Hej! Guten tag! Ni hao! Konnichiwa!
Welcome to Rockford!
At Rockford University, we welcome students from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Our international students may represent diverse cultures, but they share one thing in common – the desire to think, act and change the world.
Office of International Student & Scholar Services
helps prepare RU's students, faculty and community constituents for active participation in a rapidly changing global
society by internationalizing our campus and curriculum, facilitating
experiential learning opportunities, and developing our international partnerships to achieve RU's strategic objectives.
statement of the ISSS
Create a supportive and interactive learning environment that celebrates multiculturalism by bringing all of Rockford
University's diverse student body together, in such a way that the academic as
extra-curricular experiences of all students are enhanced and enjoyed.
Services provided by the ISSS:
- Assist both U.S. and International students in realizing their dreams of studying abroad
- Services related to U.S. immigration regulations
- International student orientation
- International student academic advising and support
- Tax assistance for international students
- Translation and interpretation referrals
Why Rockford University?Rockford University, located just 90 minutes from Chicago, is a great place to experience the United States and gain an exceptional education.
A four-year, private liberal arts university, Rockford University offers a variety of programs and services. Over 80 majors, minors and concentrations, small class sizes, wireless internet, and on-campus housing and food service are just the beginning.
Rockford University is an institution which values global and ethnic diversity. Today, students from a variety of different states and countries call Rockford home.
Who is classified as an international applicant?
- A student requiring an F-1 Student Visa to study in the U.S.
- An undocumented student
- A holder of an "Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: "Refugee,” "Asylum Granted,” "Parolee” or "Cuban-Haitian Entrant”
Director, International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
Office of Graduate Studies