Rockford.edu / News
09/11/2017 2:53 pm
Rockford University’s Department of Information Technology is accepting application for the position of Help Desk Specialist/ Audio Visual Support. We are customer oriented and use the tactic of education and training to enable our user community. The person we are looking for will have very strong troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, and exceptional customer service skills. This is a fulltime position with a rich benefits package.
• Use and maintain work order tracking system to ensure all work orders are entered and updated.
• Perform a variety of technical tasks ranging from installation of computer hardware and software to troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment including desktop computers, laptops, printers, projectors, mobile phones and desk phones, etc.
• Support Audio/Visual requirements for various demands and events.
• Provide Audio/visual setup, breakdown, inventory control, configuration, repair, recording and other requirements as needed.
• Performs installations, upgrades and backups of software and hardware applications.
• Maintain the campus computer workstations, productivity applications, anti-virus software, utilities, and workstation LAN connectivity.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware failures.
• Act as a project member for major technical systems efforts, executing assigned tasks.
• Team player to work with counterparts and peers within the department.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
• Answer and log incoming calls, working to close open tickets.
• Plan, install, maintain and support the PC workstations and LAN. Maintain productivity software (Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, etc.) on distributed systems within the company.
• Provide consultation and frontline support services to senior-level staff.
• Communicate clearly and effectively ticket information to support staff of multiple organizations as well as to customers.
• Support and maintain the desk phones in offices and the directory information in the phone system.
• Follow pre-set definitions for tasking, assign support tickets to resources as needed and follow up on the completion of those tickets.
• Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Set up or set up and operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
• Be available for night and weekend event support.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education 2-year degree or equivalent working experience
Required Experience 1-2 years preferred
Working knowledge of PC Installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related systems. Solid troubleshooting and communication skills required.
Certifications Preferred A+ preferred
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating hourly salary requirement, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
09/06/2017 3:11 pm
Head Softball Coach and Director of Recruitment
Rockford University, a NCAA Division III member of the NACC Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Head Softball Coach and Director of Recruitment. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the successful candidate will be responsible for the direction and organization of the softball program, the recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student athletes, supervision of coaching staff, practice planning, player skill/leadership development, fiscal responsibility of the program and alumni cultivation.
Additional responsibilities include leading and directing all phases of the recruitment process for Rockford’s varsity programs. This includes identifying future trends and needs for athletic recruiting, working with coaching staffs to achieve recruitment goals, directing athletic prospect days, managing communication, and serving as a liaison to the Admissions Department. The individual will convey key institutional messages to prospective student-athletes and parents on- and off-campus and cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, coaches and key educational organizations. The recruitment portfolio will include travel, counseling and advising students and families regarding the admission process, conducting interviews and presentations.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking; great organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail; and strong interpersonal skills. This individual should possess a strong sense of initiative and should be able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously while working independently with minimal supervision or in a team setting. The ideal person will also be skilled at taking a creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving, have the ability to analyze data to assess admission trends, and exhibit a strong technical proficiency and ability to work with information systems (we utilize Sales Force and Front Rush). An understanding of and appreciation for the values of a residential liberal arts college are essential.
A Master’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred. A minimum of four years of collegiate coaching experience preferred with experience in Admissions. Preference will also be given to individuals who have been athletes, particularly at the Division III level. The position requires a willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to:
08/29/2017 3:40 pm
Rockford University is experiencing one of the most vibrant periods in its 167 year history.
o Gift and Grant Revenue has averaged $3.6 million over the last three fiscal years.
o Since FY07, $7 million has been raised and used for the capital purchases of fixed assets.
o Since FY09 we have seen an 8% net increase in undergraduate enrollment.
Building on that momentum we are looking for a Research and Proposal Specialist to develop and maintain systems that effectively identify and solicit foundations, corporations and individuals through a comprehensive method of proposal development and writing during a period of very specific and directed campaign activity. You will report to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement who is part of a 16 member team of Development, Alumni, Marketing, and Communications professionals. The opportunity for you to make significant fundamental change as well as receive recognition for your important contribution to the university’s long-term future is high.
The ideal candidate should have:
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to:
Nichole Hoey, HR Specialist
Review of candidates will begin immediately and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
08/02/2017 3:00 pm
Job Title: Security Communication Specialist, Part-time
Department: Campus Safety & Security
Reports To: Director, Campus Safety & Security
The Communication Specialist receives and responds to routine and emergency phone calls. Better known as the “Campus Operator,” this individual is often times the first contact by outside constituents and are the “first-impression” of the university. The Communication Specialist responds to specific requests for service/response directed to the University Safety & Security Department. This part-time positon works 11pm-7am with a shift differntial. Must be available to work every Friday and Saturday.
Rockford University is seeking a highly motivated and customer-service oriented individual. The position requires exceptional written and oral communication skills, the ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations as well as basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office. (Word and Excel are required.)
Qualified individuals must be able to multi-task, handle switchboard, emergency and security calls efficiently and deal tactfully and calmly with a wide variety of callers, including those reporting emergencies. Communication Specialists document calls, provide information, service and appropriately represent the University to all constituents. They must also have the ability to work flexible hours as coverage is provided around the clock.
General Responsibilities include the following:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Communications Specialist may be required to perform the following physical requirements in the course of their normal duty shift: lift 25 Lbs; lift and bend; go up and down stairs; and be in good physical condition.
Candidates are subject to a full background investigation, including criminal history, verification of education, work experience, and references.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should send their cover letter, including wage requirements, resume and list of three professional references to Human Resources at HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2017 Rockford University, all rights reserved