Rockford.edu / News
11/10/2017 12:57 pm
As a member of Institutional Advancement (IA), the Gift and Data Management Coordinator is an essential partner in enhancing the visibility and philanthropic support of Rockford University. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Coordinator provides gift processing, record management, database and technology support to the Advancement Operations team, supporting the management of revenues, database functions and general operations of the IA office.
Gift Processing & Record Management
• Process all gifts received by Institutional Advancement, including but not limited to: opening, sorting, and preparing gift mail – depositing all checks and cash received through Institutional Advancement – coordinating credit card gifts and online gift processing – coordinating matching gift requests and payroll deductions – managing recurring donor gift payment schedules.
• Prepare and enter daily gift data batches, including but not limited to: reviewing received revenue to ensure complete documentation – preparing documentation for scanning and entering into batch – preparing gift adjustments.
• Provide gift documentation to department fundraisers as needed in order to ensure accuracy of entry and timeliness of donor acknowledgments.
• Produce gift receipts/acknowledgements in compliance with IRS gift policies.
• Track payments on pledges for routine review by Development.
• Conduct monthly reconciliations with the Business Office.
• Manage requests for creating new constituent records and maintaining existing records in the Database Management System (Ellucian Power Campus).
• Complete special data entry projects and oversee student worker data entry.
• Perform biographic and demographic updates of records in database, including annual imports.
• Coordinate procedures for retention, retrieval, and disposal of gift and donor records.
Database & Technology Support
• Run Structured Query Language (SQL) reports and exports for interdepartmental data requests.
• Assist in the production and maintenance of reports as needed.
• Enter and manage event data.
• Work with database team to develop internal policy documentation and training materials.
• Receive and distribute mail for all IA staff. Manage IA mailboxes.
• Process returned mail in Power Campus as per procedure.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum one year of relevant experience, preferably in a development or information technology field.
Knowledge and Skills: Excel proficiency required; familiarity with Ellucian Power Campus, Access, or other relational database software desired; familiarity with Vista Views, Crystal Reports or other SQL based reporting software desired.
Other: Must be well organized and possess attention to detail. Must have demonstrated ability to use good judgment and critical thinking. Must be willing to learn new software applications. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff from diverse backgrounds, as well as demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences.
TO APPLY: Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary expectations, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
11/06/2017 12:16 pm
Rockford University is seeking applications for a Senior Accountant within the Business Office department. Directly reporting to the Accounting Director, the Senior Accountant prepares & supports complex financial reporting including audited financial statements, Board of Trustee reports, and internal management reports. This position answers policy and procedure questions for campus customers regarding general accounting, reporting, chart of accounts and other accounting and control related issues.
1. Prepares, reviews and ensures the accuracy of all account reconciliations through monthly analysis and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
2. Prepares monthly journal entry postings and account activity analyses.
3. Prepares support schedules and other analyses as needed for the long-range plan, including projections of revenues and expenses.
4. Ensures electronic interfaces from “feeder” systems (e.g. PowerCampus) are performing with maximum efficiency.
5. Responsible for processing and monitoring outstanding auxiliary accounts receivable.
6. Maintains the annual budget, forecasts and projections, and responds to budget related questions and issues throughout the year.
7. Assists with the accounting for federal and state grants.
8. Prepares monthly and annual financial statements, schedules, reports requested by users, and reports for regulatory agencies.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related degree
• Minimum of five years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the ability to interpret and apply advanced and complex accounting rules.
• Thorough knowledge of financial transactions and financial systems, as well as related policy, accounting and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
• Experience in developing reports in report writing software, developing forecasting tools, management level reports, operation reports, and other complex institutional reports that encompass multiple elements from various sources.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex requirements/regulations to non-finance staff.
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
• Willingness to take initiative, prioritize and perform proactively the assigned duties of the position.
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Works accurately with great attention to detail.
• Experience using automated general ledger/accounting systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
CPA professional certification preferred.
Experience working within a higher education environment
Public Accounting experience.
40+ hours per week
May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
Typical office environment.
Commensurate with education and experience. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and qualified dependents.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
10/27/2017 11:41 am
Regents Athletics invites applicants for the position of Head Men’s Soccer Coach. The Head Coach is a member of the Division of Enrollment Management and Intercollegiate Athletics, reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. The primary emphases of this position are to coach, recruit, and support the mission of Rockford University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Head coach for men’s soccer.
2. Using an outcomes-based model, monitor the academic progress of student athletes.
3. Manage and maintain the budget for men’s soccer.
B. Administrative/Enrollment Management
1. Provide administrative and analytical support to coaches, Athletic Administration, and the Enrollment Management division.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive, integrated Enrollment Management program.
3. Serve as a contributing member to various University committees.
4. Confer with and provide assistance to higher level University personnel.
5. Provide articulation, advocacy, and problem resolution with students as they interact with each other, faculty, the University, and the community.
6. Conceptualize staff development measures and competencies.
7. Respond to other duties as assigned (statistics, reports, special projects).
8. Provide assistance to students and families as an affordability counselor.
C. Specific Responsibilities
1. Coach men’s soccer (recruit student athletes, develop schedules, attend conference meetings, etc.).
2. Establish goals for the four competencies of the program review process:
Academics – student success, academic support, study tables, monitor player eligibility and graduation rates.
Mission – realization of the values, mission, and goals established for Enrollment Management and Athletics including support for orientation programs, students’ leadership development, and problem resolution.
Enrollment – work closely with the Office of Admission and Enrollment Management to meet recruitment and retention goals.
Competitiveness – conference performance and professional image.
The coach is expected to consult and use information from professional associations such as National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Northern Athletics Conference (NAC).
The coach is responsible for special tasks assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. The use of appropriate athletic and student development models and theories is necessary. Professional development and involvement is highly encouraged.
3. Responsible for attending athletic staff meetings.
4. Responsible for attending athletic retreats per year as scheduled.
5. Assist with and take an active role in departmental fund-raising.
6. Assist in the development and supervision of both in-season and out of season strength and conditioning programs.
7. Organize and participate in community service events with the men’s soccer team each year.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
This position would have a supervisory role over the graduate assistant(s) for men’s soccer.
• Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
• Principles and practices of men’s soccer.
• Use the institution’s database for recording and tracking student information and conducting research.
• Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Ability to market and to promote various services.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
• Ability to evaluate, advise and counsel students on sport-related matters (sports nutrition, care, rehabilitation).
• Ability to gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
• Ability to effectively develop, implement, and evaluate programs and strategies designed to provide effective student services.
• Ability to interpret and apply University policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance.
• Must be insurable for driving per Rockford University insurance standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• A Master’s Degree is preferred; however, a bachelor’s degree will be considered if the candidate has appropriate experience.
• 3+ years of prior collegiate, high school or club coaching experience.
• Experience working with student athletes (male and female) in a University setting.
• Experience with NCAA regulations.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
10/23/2017 12:29 pm
Rockford University is seeking applications for a Director of Adult & Graduate Admissions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide leadership and management for a newly formed department responsible for the recruitment of students to all adult accelerated and graduate programs across the University. The Director is a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership Team that strives to meet student needs, provide excellent customer service and achieve enrollment goals. This is truly an opportunity to make an immediate impact and build programs from the ground up.
This position is responsible for developing policies and procedures and monitoring and analyzing performance of assigned staff members. This position requires a solid understanding of higher education administrative processes since it involves working on complex projects with cross-functional teams and with a wide range of campus constituencies. Strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills are essential.
The incumbent with develop and execute marketing and recruiting strategies designed to attract top students and provide leadership in achieving enrollment goals and objectives. The incumbent is accountable for uniform and timely dissemination of information and communication with prospective students and providing information about all available services. The incumbent is responsible for working with the admission team to develop and enhance admissions events, technologies, marketing tools, procedures and policies. This position develops and implements outreach to achieve long and short term institutional recruitment goals and to establish relationships with corporations, community organizations and governmental agencies which involves interacting with University leadership and the development of articulation agreements.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with experience in student recruitment and with the desire to make in impact in people’s lives through quality and impactful education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• In collaboration with the VPEM, establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions, using data to make informed proposals and decisions.
• Provide overall leadership in developing internal policies and procedures and ensure adherence to University guidelines and admission criteria.
• Develop recruitment plans for each adult accelerated and graduate program. The plans must recognize the intrinsic differences and distinct attributes each program possesses and therefore must be highlighted for each target market.
• Work collaboratively with programs across the University to develop and execute central recruitment, admissions and enrollment strategies for on campus program and develop strategies that include online and off campus program delivery.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications offices to develop marketing materials including publications, digital media and advertising.
• Develop and execute a communication strategy for outreach to prospective adult accelerated and graduate students including email, print, texts and social media and community engagement.
• Develop comprehensive web presence within the structure of the Rockford University website. Monitoring this presence to ensure information is accurate and current.
• Supervise staff within Adult and Graduate Admissions operation assigning duties, evaluating performance, and ensuring all staff members receive appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
• Develop and administer the Office’s budget, including budget forecasting, planning and monitoring of expenditures.
• Collaborate with various University constituents, such as the academic departments, Marketing and Communications, Financial Aid, etc. to ensure consistent messaging and service follow-through.
• Monitor international, national and state-wide educational and enrollment trends.
• Travel on behalf of the University is required. Some weekend and evening hours required
• Perform other duties as assigned to support enrollment success at the University.
• Project Management skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Data entry skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and databases.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required with master’s degree preferred
• Five years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in recruitment and admissions required, preferably with adult and graduate programs
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position if filled. Please submit cover letter, indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu
09/29/2017 3:11 pm
Head Softball Coach and
Rockford University, a NCAA Division III member of the NACC Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Head Softball Coach. Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the successful candidate will be responsible for the direction and organization of the softball program, the recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student athletes, supervision of coaching staff, practice planning, player skill/leadership development, fiscal responsibility of the program and alumni cultivation.
The individual will convey key institutional messages to prospective student-athletes and parents on- and off-campus and cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, coaches and key educational organizations. The recruitment portfolio will include travel, counseling and advising students and families regarding the admission process, conducting interviews and presentations.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking; great organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail; and strong interpersonal skills. This individual should possess a strong sense of initiative and should be able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously while working independently with minimal supervision or in a team setting. The ideal person will also be skilled at taking a creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving, have the ability to analyze data to assess admission trends, and exhibit a strong technical proficiency and ability to work with information systems (we utilize Sales Force and Front Rush). An understanding of and appreciation for the values of a residential liberal arts college are essential.
A Master’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred. A minimum of four years of collegiate coaching experience preferred. Preference will also be given to individuals who have been athletes, particularly at the Division III level. The position requires a willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to:
Copyright © 2017 Rockford University, all rights reserved