Rockford.edu / News
10/23/2017 12:29 pm
Rockford University is seeking applications for a Director of Adult & Graduate Admissions. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide leadership and management for a newly formed department responsible for the recruitment of students to all adult accelerated and graduate programs across the University. The Director is a member of the Enrollment Management Leadership Team that strives to meet student needs, provide excellent customer service and achieve enrollment goals. This is truly an opportunity to make an immediate impact and build programs from the ground up.
This position is responsible for developing policies and procedures and monitoring and analyzing performance of assigned staff members. This position requires a solid understanding of higher education administrative processes since it involves working on complex projects with cross-functional teams and with a wide range of campus constituencies. Strong analytical, problem solving and leadership skills are essential.
The incumbent with develop and execute marketing and recruiting strategies designed to attract top students and provide leadership in achieving enrollment goals and objectives. The incumbent is accountable for uniform and timely dissemination of information and communication with prospective students and providing information about all available services. The incumbent is responsible for working with the admission team to develop and enhance admissions events, technologies, marketing tools, procedures and policies. This position develops and implements outreach to achieve long and short term institutional recruitment goals and to establish relationships with corporations, community organizations and governmental agencies which involves interacting with University leadership and the development of articulation agreements.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with experience in student recruitment and with the desire to make in impact in people’s lives through quality and impactful education programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• In collaboration with the VPEM, establish strategic direction, priorities and goals for the Office of Adult and Graduate Admissions, using data to make informed proposals and decisions.
• Provide overall leadership in developing internal policies and procedures and ensure adherence to University guidelines and admission criteria.
• Develop recruitment plans for each adult accelerated and graduate program. The plans must recognize the intrinsic differences and distinct attributes each program possesses and therefore must be highlighted for each target market.
• Work collaboratively with programs across the University to develop and execute central recruitment, admissions and enrollment strategies for on campus program and develop strategies that include online and off campus program delivery.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communications offices to develop marketing materials including publications, digital media and advertising.
• Develop and execute a communication strategy for outreach to prospective adult accelerated and graduate students including email, print, texts and social media and community engagement.
• Develop comprehensive web presence within the structure of the Rockford University website. Monitoring this presence to ensure information is accurate and current.
• Supervise staff within Adult and Graduate Admissions operation assigning duties, evaluating performance, and ensuring all staff members receive appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
• Develop and administer the Office’s budget, including budget forecasting, planning and monitoring of expenditures.
• Collaborate with various University constituents, such as the academic departments, Marketing and Communications, Financial Aid, etc. to ensure consistent messaging and service follow-through.
• Monitor international, national and state-wide educational and enrollment trends.
• Travel on behalf of the University is required. Some weekend and evening hours required
• Perform other duties as assigned to support enrollment success at the University.
• Project Management skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Data entry skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and databases.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required with master’s degree preferred
• Five years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibility in recruitment and admissions required, preferably with adult and graduate programs
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position if filled. Please submit cover letter, indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu
02/17/2017 11:09 am
We are looking to fill the position of Help Desk Specialist within Rockford University’s Information Technology Department. We are support-focused and use education and training to enable our user community. The person we are looking for will have very strong troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, and exceptional customer service skills.
• Assist with purchase requisitions and maintain expense reports and invoices for the department.
• Use and maintain work order tracking system to ensure all work orders are entered and updated.
• Perform a variety of technical tasks ranging from installation of computer hardware and software to troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment including desktop computers, laptops, printers, projectors, mobile phones and desk phones, etc.
• Support Audio/Visual requirements for various events.
• Perform installations, upgrades and backups of software and hardware applications.
• Maintain the personal computer workstations, productivity applications, anti-virus software, utilities, and workstation LAN connectivity.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware failures.
• Identify network problems when they occur and assist Network Administrator with troubleshooting.
• Act as a project member for major technical systems efforts, executing assigned tasks. Be willing to work some weekends for projects or support assignments.
• Answer and log incoming calls, working to close open tickets.
• Plan, install, maintain and support the PC workstations. Maintain application software (Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, etc.) on distributed systems within the company.
• Manage the constant flow of projects (issues and requests) that arrive, and coordinate the completion of these tasks. Assist the staff with user support issues as they relate to the systems.
• Provide consultation and frontline support services to senior-level staff.
• Communicate clearly and effectively ticket information to support staff of multiple organizations as well as to customers.
• Support and maintain the desk phones in offices and the directory information in the phone switch.
• Follow pre-set definitions for tasking, assign support tickets to resources as needed and follow up on the completion of those tickets.
• Assist in maintenance of software product and license records; assist in ensuring compliance with applicable software copyright laws and regulations.
• Assist in the development of user training.
• Research and investigate new LAN and PC workstation designs and productivity application products.
• Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Set up and/or operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience working within a help desk setting, responding to tickets and elevating issues as necessary
• Strong verbal and written communication, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective time management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Education: 2-year Computer Science degree or related field
Experience: 1-2 years Help Desk or technical experience; experience in higher education a plus.
Certifications: A+ preferred
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Please submit cover letter, containing salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to:
Nichole Hoey, Human Resources
01/02/2017 4:00 pm
Rockford University is seeking applications for a Senior Accountant within the Business Office department. Directly reporting to the Accounting Director, the Senior Accountant prepares & supports complex financial reporting including audited financial statements, Board of Trustee reports, and internal management reports. This position answers policy and procedure questions for campus customers regarding general accounting, reporting, chart of accounts and other accounting and control related issues.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
CPA professional certification preferred.
Experience working within a higher education environment
Public Accounting experience.
40+ hours per week
May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
Typical office environment.
Commensurate with education and experience. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and qualified dependents.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2018 Rockford University, all rights reserved