06/19/2018 9:18 am
Rockford University invites applications for a full-time Police Officer position with the RU Police and Department of Public Safety. The Officer is a sworn law enforcement position whose duties include the responsibility for the protection and well being of the students, visitors, staff and facilities of Rockford University. The Officer will be responsible for the prevention of crimes, the preservation of peace, enforcement of all laws and ordinances, the arrest and prosecution of violators, the enforcement of the rules of the Board of Trustees and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Patrol campus by motor vehicle, bicycle, other vehicles or on foot to discover, and deter the commission of the crime; to enforce criminal and traffic laws, university rules and regulations; and to check the security of buildings, functioning of outdoor lighting and road conditions.
• Monitors and directs vehicular and pedestrian traffic as required.
• Responds to calls for a variety of services including investigation of alarms, animal control, assistance to motorists, building safety problems, domestic problems, thefts and other acts against persons or property.
• Observes, investigates and reports unusual conditions bearing on the safety and/ or security of the campus community.
• Observes campus activities and inspects University properties for unsafe conditions that could lead to injury.
• Takes necessary action to correct unsafe practices or conditions and reports all potential safety hazards.
• Recommends safety and security procedures for specific problem areas of the campus.
• Investigates, reports, and records traffic violations and accidents by interviewing witnesses, measuring distances, sketching diagrams, taking photographs and conducting field sobriety tests to determine cause and fault.
• Investigates harm, damage or threats of potential harm, or damage to persons or property by interviewing witnesses and conducting visual or audio surveillance or searches; detects and collects evidence.
• Prepares results of investigations for referral and/or prosecution.
• Refers appropriate “Student Code of Conduct” violators to the attention of the University’s Dean of Students.
• Processes arrestees by taking photographs, obtaining fingerprints, and writing arrest reports; transport arrestees to jail as required.
• Determines appropriate actions to be taken by evaluating evidence and applying knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules and regulations, policies and procedures to solve the problem and address criminal activity; prepares and processes documents such as citations, complaints, affidavits, and warrants.
• Records information at scenes of crimes by sketching diagrams, taking photographs or taking notes.
• Prepares reports for use by the department, University or other agency.
• Testifies in Court or by deposition to present information accumulated at scenes and thorough investigations.
• Performs rescue functions at accidents, emergencies, and disasters to include directing traffic for long periods of time, administering first responder level service; lifting, dragging, and carrying people away from dangerous situations; and securing buildings and evacuating occupants.
• Responds to fire and ambulance calls to direct traffic escort fire and ambulance vehicles, establish security perimeters and maintain order.
• Inspects and maintains law enforcement equipment by observing and cleaning to keep the equipment in reliable operating condition.
• Determines content for various public safety programs such as crime prevention, personal safety, campus community safety and provides delivery to the campus community.
• Treat all persons within the scope of authority in a civil, professional, and ethical manner while taking action to ensure the protection of their civil rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The ability to think and plan strategically, to exercise excellent judgment and decision-making in stressful situations, and to problem-solve in a collaborative manner.
• Demonstrated commitment to establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with diverse University constituencies. Understanding, sensitivity, and commitment to meeting the needs of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the student, employee, and community populations.
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
• Working knowledge of legal issues related to campus police administration including, but not limited to, the laws of arrest, search and seizure, use of force, civil liability, FERPA, FMLA and the Jeanne Clery Campus Crime and Reporting Act.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Must be an active or retired sworn officer, in good standing with a law enforcement or corrections agency, with at least two years of experience in a law enforcement capacity.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred.
• Be at least twenty-one years of age.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
• Successful completion of background investigation.
• Successful completion of the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB) P.O.W.E.R. test.
• Successful completion of the ILETSB Firearms qualification/ certification.
• Must have and maintain the appropriate NIMS training compliance certification.
• Must maintain First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have the ability to move about campus on foot at a rapid pace and run upstairs. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent must be able to stand, walk, stoop and kneel. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Visual acuity (with or without correction). While performing this job, the employee may be required to physically subdue combative subjects, must maintain an appropriate level of physical ability.
The employee works in a professional higher education environment that is highly visible to members of the University community. The employee must be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Please submit a cover letter, resume/cv, list of three (3) professional references with contact information and two letters of recommendation to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Rockford University offers a rich benefits package including health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Tuition remission for employee, spouse/partner and dependents is available upon the date of hire.
Candidates who reflect the diversity of Rockford’s student body and community, enhance and promote engagement with other cultures, and have demonstrated a commitment to working with and as part of a multicultural faculty and diverse student body and community are strongly encouraged.
About Rockford University:
Rockford University, formerly Rockford College, is a four-year, coeducational institution founded in 1847 offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in traditional liberal arts and professional fields. We offer approximately 80 majors, minors, and concentrations, including the adult, accelerated degree completion program for a B.S. in Management Studies. Through our Graduate Studies department, degrees are extended to include the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT).
Rockford University is home to one of only 11 Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) chapters in Illinois, the most prestigious honor society in the United States. Named by The Princeton Review as a Best Midwestern College and one of only 81 colleges in the nation as a “College with a Conscience,” we currently serve approximately 1,280 full-and part-time students. Our mission is to educate men and women to lead responsible lives by means of a curriculum grounded in liberal arts learning and complemented and extended by professional and practical experience.
05/22/2018 1:12 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the Director of Enrollment Data and Systems. Primary responsibilities for this position will be to work with the Enrollment Management leadership team to provide the most relevant data possible at all times and to manage the software systems used within Enrollment Management. The position will focus on how the various enrollment management data systems work together and liaise with Information Technology (IT) department to direct efforts at improvements. This position will act as a primary connection to external partners where enrollment systems and data are of primary concern. This position reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment Management with strong partnership ties to Associate and Assistant Vice Presidents in division. The incumbent will be a self-directed individual who can manage the fast-paced enrollment environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Direct oversight, administration, facilitation, and maintenance of a customized Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System. Manage the technology, analysis, strategic planning and communications related to CRM utilization.
• Development, customization, and maintenance of dashboards for enrollment management staff.
• Serve as the primary enrollment liaison with Information Technology (IT) staff. Work collaboratively with IT staff and others to increase and standardize the use of CRM features.
• Extract, analyze and assess admissions recruitment and prospect data in order to maximize CRM capabilities.
• Develop CRM training materials, documentation and best practices for enrollment management staff.
• Provide technical support for end users.
• Develop and maintain workflows to automate enrollment functions within the CRM.
• Develop and maintain workflows for automated and differentiated communication campaigns in the CRM.
• Develop and maintain data templates for the CRM for importing data sources from outside vendors
• Continually develop new workflows in the CRM to maximize existing and new functionality.
• Utilize the Ellucian PowerCampus Student Information System and other systems to produce enrollment-related data via custom and canned reporting modules for short-term and long-term strategic use.
• Liaise with Information Technology department to build a new data warehouse and reporting system within SIS.
• Collect, analyze and report enrollment related survey data (e.g., admitted student questionnaires, event surveys).
• Develop analytics to track activity and direct strategy.
• Create auditing systems to ensure data integrity (i.e, duplicate resolution, erroneous or unusable entries, reassigning records, etc).
• Plan and implement data and reporting strategies to assist in making strategic decisions concerning enrollment operations.
• Stay informed and up to date on all enrollment management software systems.
• Execute system upgrades for the CRM.
• Handle related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
• Proficiency with CRMs required, Salesforce/Target X preferred
• Proficiency with Student Information Systems (Ellucian PowerCampus a plus)
• Ability to collect, analyze and report quantitative and qualitative data
• Ability to examine, synthesize and report on information effectively
• Knowledge of Student Information Systems (Ellucian PowerCampus a plus)
• Ability to write custom queries using Microsoft SQL
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in customer service in person, over the phone, and via e-mail.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience
• Knowledge of enrollment planning and admission office operational functions preferred
• Basic knowledge pertaining to troubleshooting hardware, software applications, and web-based applications.
• Ability to translate dense technical requirements to audiences with varying technical understanding
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Team lead and mentoring skills
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Understanding marketing automation and communication plans
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
• Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Must be able to work some late nights and occasional weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four year college degree, advanced degree desirable
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter including salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
04/13/2018 1:13 pm
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Admission, the Admission Counselor will be responsible for successfully recruiting and enrolling students to Rockford University. To achieve these goals, the incumbent will review applications for undergraduate admission, conduct recruitment travel, as well as advise and counsel prospective students, guidance counselors, and other constituencies regarding the admission process and academic programs. The incumbent will be responsible for meeting individual and team enrollment goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in the development of student recruitment plans, strategies, and written materials.
• Analyzes qualifications of prospective students utilizing established University admissions standards, guidelines and criteria.
• Communicates on the phone, via e-mail, and in person with prospective students, applicants, parents, transfer coordinators and others to provide information and answer questions about Rockford University.
• Visits middle schools, high schools, and colleges. Speaks to groups and individual students, and meets with guidance counselors to promote the University. Assists in coordinating recruitment events; arranges visits from prospective students and parents.
• Serves as a liaison to develop partnerships between the university and high schools throughout the state and country.
• Creates and distributes resource materials for student recruitment programs; analyzes trends in recruitment.
• Prepares reports and proposals.
• Participates in the development of operating goals and objectives for the department; recommends, implements, and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prefer 1 to 3 years sales experience
• Bilingual Spanish skills a plus
• Must be comfortable with public speaking
• Must have a valid drivers license
• Must be able to work nights and weekends
• Position requires overnight travel
Review of resumes will begin immediately and be accepted until the position is filled. Materials submitted for all positions should include a cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Application materials that do not include all of this information will not be considered.
04/12/2018 1:15 pm
Rockford University Department of Police and Public Safety invites candidates for a full-time Safety and Security Officer, working nights. Seeking a highly motivated, customer-service oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities. Position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member. Position requires employees to maintain current certifications at all times in First Aid, CPR, AED and NIMS for Higher Education. Employees must maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record along with a clean criminal background at all times. Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word is required.
General Responsibilities include maintaining building security, enforcing University policies and regulations, and responding to various types of emergencies. Specific Responsibilities include patrolling campus; making regularly scheduled checks of buildings and grounds; parking and traffic control; responding to and investigating fire alarms, medical emergencies, and other incidents; maintaining accurate reports. Safety & Security Officers also provide security coverage for University athletic events and social functions.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 21 years of age or older
• High School diploma or the equivalent (2 or 4-year degree preferred)
• Valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance
• One-year security officer, law enforcement, or military police experience.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; commitment to exceptional customer service
• Ability to work a 12-hour shift; including flexibility to work some weekends and holidays
Safety & Security Officers may be required to perform the following physical requirements in the course of their normal duty shift: lift 50 Lbs.; run 100 meters; lift and bend; go up and down stairs; be in good physical condition.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter indicating wage requirements, resume, and list of three professional references to Nichole Hoey at Humanresources@rockford.edu.
Candidates are subject to a full background investigation, including criminal history, verification of education, work experience, and references. EOE
03/26/2018 1:17 pm
The Communication Specialist receives and responds to routine and emergency phone calls. Better known as the “Campus Operator,” this individual is often times the first contact by outside constituents and are the “first-impression” of the university. The Communication Specialist responds to specific requests for service/response directed to the University Safety & Security Department. This part-time position works 11pm-7am with a shift differential. Must be available to work every Friday and Saturday.
Rockford University is seeking a highly motivated and customer-service oriented individual. The position requires exceptional written and oral communication skills, the ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations as well as basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office. (Word and Excel are required.)
Qualified individuals must be able to multi-task, handle switchboard, emergency and security calls efficiently and deal tactfully and calmly with a wide variety of callers, including those reporting emergencies. Communication Specialists document calls, provide information, service and appropriately represent the University to all constituents. They must also have the ability to work flexible hours as coverage is provided around the clock.
General Responsibilities include the following:
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Communications Specialist may be required to perform the following physical requirements in the course of their normal duty shift: lift 25 Lbs; lift and bend; go up and down stairs, and be in good physical condition.
Candidates are subject to a full background investigation, including criminal history, verification of education, work experience, and references.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should send their cover letter, including wage requirements, resume, and list of three professional references to Human Resources at HumanResources@rockford.edu.
02/05/2018 1:20 pm
Rockford University is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Advancement. Reporting to the President, the Vice President oversees, guides, and monitors work of all the following positions and initiatives including direct oversight, at present, of the Director of Communications, the Director of Marketing, and the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement; is a member of the President’s Executive Council; and is responsible for Alumni Relations, Development, Communications (Internal and External; Print and Web), Government Relations and Community Relations. View the full search posting >>
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
About Rockford University:
Rockford University is a co-educational four-year private institution located in Rockford, Illinois. Chartered in 1847 as Rockford Female Seminary, the institution became Rockford College in 1892 and became fully co-educational in 1958. On July 1, 2013, the college transitioned to Rockford University. Rockford University is home to one of only 11 Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) chapters in Illinois, the most prestigious honor society in the United States. Named by The Princeton Review as a Best Midwestern College and one of only 81 colleges in the nation as a “College with a Conscience,” the University currently serves approximately 1,300 full-and part-time students. The University is pleased to continue to grow its enrollment. Best known of the university’s graduates is Jane Addams (1881), founder of Chicago’s Hull-House and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (1931). The University educates men and women to lead responsible lives by means of a curriculum grounded in liberal arts learning and complemented and extended by professional and practical experience. Through the total academic and co-curricular experience, Rockford University strives to prepare students for fulfilling lives, careers, and participation in a modern and changing global society. The University has approximately 80 majors, minors and concentrations, including the adult accelerated degree completion program for a B.S. in Management Studies. At the graduate level, degrees are extended to include the Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), and Master of Education (MEd).
Rockford is conveniently located in northern Illinois just 90 miles from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Chicago. Situated on a scenic riverfront, the City of Rockford is home to 150,000 people who enjoy a small-town atmosphere with the benefits of being part of a larger metropolitan population of 300,000.
Rockford University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt – Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to Rockford@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to February 26, 2018, to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Rockford University is an AA/EOE employer
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved