CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Activities, Clubs, and Leadership
Through Student Activities, students can meet new people on campus, test and further develop their leadership skills, and have fun. These opportunities offer a plethora of experiences for all students. In fact, our campus community is large enough to provide a diverse list of activities and clubs, but it’s also small enough for students to get involved in as many organizations as they’d like. And if they don’t see a club or organization they desire, they can start one!
- Campus Activities Board (CAB). CAB is a student-run organization that aims to promote and provide entertainment that will create long-lasting memories. CABBIES (members of CAB) are often the most energized and enthusiastic students on campus! You will know an event is coming when you see crazy colored shirts all over campus. Past events include: Operation Glow Dance Party, Casino Night, Monthly Trivia and Movie Nights, Ski/Snowboarding Excursion, and overnight trips to Chicago and Mall of America.
- Clubs and Organizations. Joining a club or organization is an excellent way to enjoy student life at Rockford University! At the beginning of each semester, Student Activities hosts a Clubs & Orgs Fair on campus as a way for students to get connected. Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity to learn about what we have to offer to you as a Rockford University student.
Current clubs include: Alpha Helix, Art Society, CAB, Math Club, Multicultural Club, Saudi Club, Nursing Student Organization, Psych Society, Rockford University Chinese Club, Movie Club, United Nations, Student Government Association, Craft Club, Spanish Club, Rockford Education Club, Anime Club, American Chemical Society, Computer Science Club, Queer Transgender Identity Panel (QTIP), Student Athletic Advisory Committee, Regents Against Modern Slavery (R.A.M.S),
- Commuter Students. The key to success as a commuter student is taking full advantage of what is available and getting the most out of your university experience by being involved on campus. Commuter and part-time students are welcome to join any and all student activities, events, clubs, and more!
- Leadership Development. Rockford University takes pride in the strong leaders created on campus. Students have the opportunity to get involved in many leadership roles! Not only do students have the opportunity to be involved in clubs as general members, most clubs then have a variety of ways to provide accelerated leadership roles. Also, all clubs have the opportunity to serve on a University wide leadership board called, “Executive Circle” which is the collaboration of all clubs on campus!
- Student Government Association (SGA) Students at Rockford University have traditionally played an important role in the governance of the University. Through SGA, students maintain a voice in the campus by communicating for and to students. On behalf of all students, SGA administers clubs and student activities at the University through its own committees. Student representatives hold memberships on the Board of Trustees and its Student Affairs Committee, as well as being members of other official University committees. Student groups meet in formal and informal settings with the University president, administrators and faculty. For more information, contact SGA@rockford.edu.
Office of Student Involvement and Orientation
Burpee Student Center
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Alex Johnson, Director of the Student Involvement and Orientation
Andrea Bent, Assistant Director of the Student Involvement and Orientation