IMMUNIZATIONS AND NURSING SERVICES
Illinois State law requires that all students taking 6 or more credit hours provide immunization records that indicate immunity to communicable disease. Currently students are required to provide documentation of:
- Measles: (Rubeola) Two doses are required. The first must be administered on or after the first birthday and the second must be administered no sooner than four weeks after the first.
- Mumps: One dose administered on or after the first birthday.
- Rubella: One dose administered on or after the first birthday.
- Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap) booster within the last 10 years.
- Meningococcal Vaccine: All students under the age of 22 are required to show proof of having at least one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine on or after 16 years of age.
In lieu of these vaccinations, students may submit titre (blood test) results for measles, mumps, and rubella that indicate immunity to these diseases. Remember to make sure that you have provided your immunization records to Lang. If you have not, there will be a HOLD on your account which will stop your registration for future semesters. Please provide your records to us as soon as possible. If you have questions about whether or not you have fulfilled this requirement, please call or stop by.
The following are available at Lang Health Center at minimal cost:
- Adacel Tdap –$40
- Hepatitis B — $50
- TB Screening — $10
- 2-Step TB Skin Test — $15
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) — $50
- Seasonal Flu — $20
- Td — $25
Students who are exempt from providing this immunization information include:
- Students born prior to January 1, 1957.
- Students who have medical documentation from a physician stating they may not receive a vaccination due to a medical condition.
Lang Center is staffed by registered nurses who are available for students when ill or injured. Some of the services provided at no charge to our students include:
- Alcohol/Substance Abuse assessment/referral
- Blood pressure checks & monitoring
- Eating Disorder/Nutritional Counseling
- Groups and support services
- Health education materials
- Nursing Assessment/Referral
- Nutrition education
- Pregnancy tests
- Rapid Strep Screening
- Resource Library
- Suture removal
- Wellness/Prevention information
- Wound care
5050 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108
Walk-in hours: Mon- Fri - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Other hours are available by appointment
Physician available by appt - Tues afternoons
Patients must make appointments for the physician or counseling services
Walk-in hours: Tues-Thurs - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Mon & Fri - Closed
Other hours available by appointment