09/16/2019 12:12 pm
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the master calendar for all events scheduled to take place at Rockford University Campus Facilities (excluding Academic Classes). The Coordinator will act as the information coordinator for Campus Support Services (Audio/Visual, Facilities, Food Service, IT, & Security). The Coordinator will spearhead efforts to promote the use and rental of University facilities to outside organizations or individuals. This fulltime opportunity requires the selected candidate to work evening and weekend events on occasion. A rich benefits package is available, upon hire, including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan with matching contribution and tuition remission for employee, spouse/partner and dependents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work with on and off campus groups, to schedule campus meetings, events and recreational space.
• Utilize software systems to find appropriate space for both internal and external Campus events.
• Ensure proper information is received by the various support departments of the University.
• Work with administration on the determination of rental rates for various spaces.
• Provide administrative support to Special Events Staff planning major Rockford University events.
• Obtain all necessary information for events; i.e. contract, deposit, insurance, and any other information that may be required.
• Coordinate invoicing for off campus rentals.
• Coordinate bookings with the academic class schedule and the Registrar to ensure proper and efficient use of space.
• Lead weekly meetings between Audio/Visual, Facilities, Food Service and Security to discuss coordination of upcoming events.
• Provide for customer service to patrons during events.
• Manage Chapel Attendants for all weddings scheduled on campus.
• The Coordinator supervises the Chapel Attendants for weddings scheduled throughout the year.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Operating procedures of a convention, theatrical, or other public use facility.
• Principles and practices of public relations
• Coordinate the work needed from multiple support staff groups (Audio/Visual, Facilities, Food Service and Security) and satisfy the contract requirements for multiple events occurring simultaneously.
• To perform this job successfully the candidate must be a creative thinker, a problem solver, and a service oriented individual. Related experience in event management and customer service required.
• Demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of clients, employees and vendors.
• Produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
• Work cooperatively with other Rockford University employees, clients, management, and the general public.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 2 year degree or comparable experience.
• Prefer two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position, or related experience.
• High level of organization and attention to details.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
09/11/2019 9:48 am
Rockford University’s Department of Police and Public Safety is seeking a highly motivated, customer-service oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities for full-time security position, working nights. The schedule will be 9pm-7am and candidate must be available for weekends and holidays. Position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member. Position requires employees to maintain current certifications at all times in CPR, and AED. Position requires employees to maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record along with a clean criminal background at all times and be 21 years of age or older. Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software such as Word is required.
General Responsibilities include maintaining building security, enforcing University policies and regulations, and responding to various types of emergencies. Specific Responsibilities include patrolling campus; making regularly scheduled checks of buildings and grounds; parking and traffic control; responding to and investigating fire alarms, medical emergencies, and other incidents; maintaining accurate reports. Safety & Security Officers also provide security coverage for University athletic events and social functions.
Exceptional benefits package includes medical insurance, upon hire, retirement plan and tuition remission for Employee/Spouse/Dependent(s).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Safety & Security Officers may be required to perform the following physical requirements in the course of their normal duty shift: lift 50 Lbs.; run 100 meters; lift and bend; go up and down stairs, and be in good physical condition.
Candidates are subject to a full background investigation, including criminal history, verification of education, work experience, and references.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should email a cover letter indicating wage requirements, resume, and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
08/27/2019 4:13 pm
Rockford University is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Athletics Department. The selected candidate will be responsible for the organization and coordination of office administration, support operations, and procedures and resources to facilitate department effectiveness and efficiency. This is a fulltime position and a rich benefits package is available upon hire, including medical insurance and tuition remission for employee/spouse/dependents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates degree is preferred. Minimum of three years of experience in similar position is required. This position requires confidentiality, good judgement, and an excellent level of professionalism, initiative, and thorough follow-through. This position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail at all times plus the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage work flow. Advanced computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database creation and maintenance, email, and web applications. Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and able to handle fast paced and intense environment. Ability to interpret and apply administrative policies, regulations, and rules. Ability to compose correspondence independently. Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds. A knowledge of athletics is preferred.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to Human Resources at HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
08/13/2019 10:00 am
Rockford University invites applicants for the position of ESL Instructor. The successful candidate will be teaching students in Levels 1 to 5 the following courses: Grammar, Listening/ Speaking, Reading/ Writing and Academic Preparation. Position is approximately 22 hours per week. The successful candidate qualifies for a tuition remission benefit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/ or Experience:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, list of references and a resume/ Curriculum Vitae to: HumanResources@rockford.edu
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved