01/16/2020 11:41 am
Regents Athletics invites applicants for the position of Head Men’s Soccer Coach. The Head Coach is a member of the Division of Enrollment Management and Intercollegiate Athletics, reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. The primary emphases of this position are to coach, recruit, and support the mission of Rockford University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Head coach for men’s soccer.
2. Using an outcomes-based model, monitor the academic progress of student athletes.
3. Manage and maintain the budget for men’s soccer.
B. Administrative/Enrollment Management
1. Provide administrative and analytical support to coaches, Athletic Administration, and the Enrollment Management division.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive, integrated Enrollment Management program.
3. Serve as a contributing member to various University committees.
4. Confer with and provide assistance to higher level University personnel.
5. Provide articulation, advocacy, and problem resolution with students as they interact with each other, faculty, the University, and the community.
6. Conceptualize staff development measures and competencies.
7. Respond to other duties as assigned (statistics, reports, special projects).
8. Provide assistance to students and families as an affordability counselor.
C. Specific Responsibilities
1. Coach men’s soccer (recruit student athletes, develop schedules, attend conference meetings, etc.).
2. Establish goals for the four competencies of the program review process:
Academics – student success, academic support, study tables, monitor player eligibility and graduation rates.
Mission – realization of the values, mission, and goals established for Enrollment Management and Athletics including support for orientation programs, students’ leadership development, and problem resolution.
Enrollment – work closely with the Office of Admission and Enrollment Management to meet recruitment and retention goals.
Competitiveness – conference performance and professional image.
The coach is expected to consult and use information from professional associations such as National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Northern Athletics Conference (NAC).
The coach is responsible for special tasks assigned by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. The use of appropriate athletic and student development models and theories is necessary. Professional development and involvement is highly encouraged.
3. Responsible for attending athletic staff meetings.
4. Responsible for attending athletic retreats per year as scheduled.
5. Assist with and take an active role in departmental fund-raising.
6. Assist in the development and supervision of both in-season and out of season strength and conditioning programs.
7. Organize and participate in community service events with the men’s soccer team each year.
Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
This position would have a supervisory role over the graduate assistant(s) for men’s soccer.
• Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
• Principles and practices of men’s soccer.
• Use the institution’s database for recording and tracking student information and conducting research.
• Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation.
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Ability to market and to promote various services.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
• Ability to evaluate, advise and counsel students on sport-related matters (sports nutrition, care, rehabilitation).
• Ability to gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
• Ability to effectively develop, implement, and evaluate programs and strategies designed to provide effective student services.
• Ability to interpret and apply University policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance.
• Must be insurable for driving per Rockford University insurance standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• A Master’s Degree is preferred; however, a bachelor’s degree will be considered if the candidate has appropriate experience.
• 3+ years of prior collegiate, high school or club coaching experience.
• Experience working with student athletes (male and female) in a University setting.
• Experience with NCAA regulations.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
01/10/2020 3:23 pm
Rockford University is seeking qualified candidates for a fulltime, tenure-track position in the Economics, Business & Accounting Department at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank starting Fall 2020.
The PURI School of Business at Rockford University is home to the Department of Economics, Business and Accounting. Our programs include traditional undergraduate programs, an adult accelerated degree-completion program, and an MBA program with instruction being delivered in face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats. Opportunities to teach in all of the aforementioned program areas will be included in this position.
Primary teaching responsibilities include leadership development (e.g., Team Dynamics, Leadership Seminar, Organizational Consulting, etc.) and management (e.g., Operations Management, Strategy, Change Management, etc.) courses. Candidates should have a demonstrable commitment to teaching excellence and service. The typical semester teaching load is four courses (12 hours).
Preference will be given to candidates with the appropriate terminal degree (e.g. Ph.D., DBA), a record of successful teaching, and relevant business and/or consulting experience. Recent college-level teaching experience is highly desirable. The successful applicant must have an educational philosophy compatible with that of a private, independent institution with a liberal arts environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the application process will remain open until the position is filled.
Please submit via email a cover letter, CV, transcripts (official upon hire), the names and contact information for three references, and evidence of teaching effectiveness and scholarly potential to:
Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Rockford University is committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
01/10/2020 1:30 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the position of Student Advocate. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for analyzing and answering questions (face to face or over the phone) about students’ academic progress, financial aid and accounts as well as preparing/entering financial aid packages. This position is also responsible for processing and maintaining student records, distribution of cash for check cashing and petty cash distribution as well as working with students to set up acceptable payment arrangements. This position will work with current students in a proactive manner to insure they meet all deadlines for academic and financial related procedures. Other responsibilities include preparing various pieces for mailing/distribution (e.g. financial aid packages, grades, registration materials and account statements/bills). This position will also provide support for Rockford University’s Institutional Research functions.
• Provide efficient, professional and accurate information in a manner which fosters/supports respect for all members of the Rockford University community.
• Respond with “sense of urgency” to all customers’ questions and/or concerns.
• Maintain/foster positive atmosphere to ensure all “transactions/contacts” are handled with the highest level of customer service.
• Knowledgeable/proficient in all standard procedures of registration, student accounts and financial aid.
• Knowledgeable about procedures of other departments and contact information to accurately direct customers as needed.
• Promote/adhere to goals of increasing retention rates and communicate concerns to appropriate person(s) to ensure this goal.
• Represent the Student Administrative Services department on various college committees.
• Participate in functions that have a direct link to SAS (e.g. R.O.A.R. and Transfer Registration events).
• Principal Activities:
• Knowledgeable of procedures for contacting students and collection of student accounts with outstanding balances.
• Attend various training sessions offered through ELM, ISAC, and ILASFAA.
• Assist students, parents, faculty and staff with questions by providing answers with regards to all services provided by SAS.
• Accurately direct students, parents, faculty or staff to appropriate persons for all other campus services.
• Process all forms needed for registration such as: registration cards, add/drop, degree declaration(s), and graduation.
• Assist students in processing of any financial aid related forms.
• Disburse (in accordance to rules/regulations) financial aid advances and cash returns to students with account credits as well as cash student payroll checks
• Enter data/maintaining student accounts/records to ensure all balances are accurate and students receive current information.
• Ensure petty cash requests are processed within the approved procedures and disburse when verified/approved.
• Assist in preparing various communications from SAS including financial aid packages, grades, registration, account statements and other mailings as needed.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of all forms received from students, faculty or staff.
• Apply loan checks and electronic fund transfers to student accounts.
• Assume Additional duties as assigned by the AVP for SAS
• Assist with updating Fact Bok
• Assist in marketing efforts for institutional surveys
• Assist in the proctoring/administration of institutional surveys
Bachelor Degree Preferred.
Prefer a minimum of three years of experience in at least one of these areas: customer service, financial aid or retail sales.
Skills and Certifications:
Proven customer service skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-task oriented environment.
Proficient in MS word, MS excel and “data” programs
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
11/22/2019 4:44 pm
The Department of Psychology at Rockford University invites candidates for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology to begin Fall 2020. Primary teaching responsibilities may include introductory psychology, brain and behavior, cognitive psychology, health psychology, personality, and/or psychological disorders. A specialization in clinical, counseling, or health psychology is preferred, though other areas of expertise in psychology will be considered. Ph.D. preferred. College-level teaching experience is highly desirable. The successful applicant must have an educational philosophy compatible with that of a private, independent, institution within a liberal arts environment. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities in working with faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
Applications reviewed beginning January 15, 2020, but accepted until the position is filled. Please send via email a letter of application, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness and teaching statement, transcripts (official upon hire) and three letters of reference to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Rockford University is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
11/04/2019 1:10 pm
Rockford University seeks to hire a part-time employee to complete general maintenance tasks on a temporary basis. The selected candidate will work up to 24 hours per week, starting at 9 am and working Monday through Friday. Work may be individual or working within assigned areas with a member of the Maintenance, Grounds, or Housekeeping Staff. Perform general maintenance, grounds, or cleaning duties daily, operate hand tools, riding lawn mowers, snow blowers, vacuums, other Facilities equipment as needed, work from a ladder, and perform related duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations. Punctuality and attention to detail are critical components of employment. Hours vary according to projects and tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. General cleaning: bathroom disinfection, sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, vacuuming, dusting, washing windows, and picking up trash in designated areas.
2. Major cleaning: walls, woodwork, doors, light fixtures, carpets and furniture.
3. Work from a ladder, assist in moving furniture (able to lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds).
4. Assist Maintenance personnel with routine repairs as required.
5. Assist with room set-ups and take-downs for events.
6. Operate the following equipment: vacuums and wet vacuums, riding lawn mowers, hand tools such as drills, saws, hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and other equipment as necessary.
7. Vacuum and clean fan coils, check fan motors and change filters.
8. Must present a neat appearance at ALL times. May wear: T-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, and slacks. May NOT wear: Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, crop tops, shorts, or open-toed shoes and gym shoes. All clothing should be free of offensive or derogatory print/pictures.
9. Ability to set work priorities and to work independently in cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work duties.
10. Work shoes must be work at all times.
11. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
A self-starter, must be able to take initiative with minimal guidance when necessary.
Must be comfortable working both as an individual and as part of a team.
Must have excellent time-management skills.
Must be able to follow directions or verbal instructions.
Must be able to operate and maintain all equipment as instructed
Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Must have good oral and reading skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have some mechanical or maintenance experience, or experience with housekeeping.
Must possess valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable for driving per RU policy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Ability to speak and understand English.
Prior experience working as a custodian, mechanic, or grounds employee is helpful.
Basic math skills
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, and kneel. The incumbent may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work outside sometimes in extreme warm or cold temperatures.
Employees work outside or inside campus buildings. When working inside, employees must remember that they are in a professional environment, and they may be seen by visitors and the greater college community. When working outside, employees may be required to work in hot, rainy, snowy, or cold environments.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu. Selected candidate will undergo a pre-employment background check.
10/28/2019 10:46 am
The Rockford University Performing Arts Department invites applications for a tenure-track position in Theatrical Design to begin mid-August 2020 (Fall Term). The ideal candidate will have experience in scene design for theatrical productions and expertise in teaching scene design at the college/university level. They must also have experience in designing lights, sound, and projections. An MFA or terminal degree is required along with professional experience. The Performing Arts Department awards both a BA and a BFA in Theatre with a track in the Design and Technical field.
This position is responsible for designing five to six mainstage productions a year (two musicals, two book dramas, and one or two dance presentations); teaching courses in BFA and BA scenic design, and basic lighting design; engaging in artistic mentoring of students, academic advising; serving on academic committees; and actively recruiting for the Performing Arts Department. It is important that this candidate is willing to work collaboratively on projects both within the university and in the community of Rockford at large. We seek an excellent teacher who, if called upon, is able to teach courses in Theatre History, make-up design, and Theatre Appreciation.
We encourage scenic artists who want to develop a strong theatrical design program in a collaborative environment to apply. Rockford University is a liberal arts college with 1200 students. Opportunities for professional development and departmental creative work are available. Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Applications should include a cover letter, current curriculum and professional vitae; a link to examples of the portfolio; and a list of current references with both email and phone numbers. Candidates are encouraged to read more about the university by visiting the website and to address in their letters of application the ways in which they could contribute to Rockford University’s institutional mission and goals.
The review process will begin January 15, 2020. Materials may be submitted to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
10/07/2019 4:15 pm
Rockford University invites applicants to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Physiology to begin August 2020. A Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or related field is required along with evidence of excellent teaching. The primary focus of the position is enthusiastic and effective teaching in human and comparative anatomy and physiology. Ability to teach introductory biology courses and upper division genetics, developmental biology, neurobiology, and/or organismal diversity courses will be considered a plus. Enthusiasm for teaching in a small-college liberal arts setting is essential. An active program in undergraduate research with students is expected.
Applications will be reviewed starting November 11, 2019, and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, transcripts- undergraduate and graduate (official transcripts required upon hire), and arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. Rockford University is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright © 2020 Rockford University, all rights reserved