03/16/2020 12:56 pm
The Personal Counselor/DSS Coordinator is a ¾ time exempt position who provides personal counseling and health education information to Rockford University students, faculty, and staff. The counselor will be able to interpret policy, procedures and regulations with regard to personal counseling and disability support services. This position will coordinate disability support services which includes assessing Rockford University students for academic barriers and assisting students with the process to receive physical and/or academic accommodations. The position is housed under the banner of Student Life – Lang Wellness Center and is supervised by the Director Lang Wellness Center. Clinical supervision is provided for staff working towards their LCSW or LCPC. A rich benefits package is available, upon hire, including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan and tuition remission for employee/spouse/dependents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Provide one-on-one counseling to students with case notation and appropriate documentation of visits
Referral and advocacy on behalf of clients
Provide health information and prevention/intervention strategies to campus community
Provide alcohol/drug use/abuse prevention information and strategies to campus community and participate in alcohol trainings
Plan, budget, implement, and assess programs related to disability services
Adhere to federal and state regulations with regard to disability services such as ADA, ADAA, section 504 and the Fair Housing Act
Provide advocacy and accommodations for students with disabilities
Demonstrate knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities
Consult and utilize industry resources and attend conferences from professional organizations such as NASW, AHEAD
Work as part of the Lang Wellness Center multidisciplinary team to provide services and education to students as well as develop the appropriate web pages for specific content areas
Coordination of web resources for screening and counseling information
Develop a library of resources – pamphlets, books, and other printed information
Participation and support of Lang Wellness Center events such as groups, health education
Other duties as assigned
This position is part of the Lang Wellness Center team and would be responsible for some supervision of graduate assistants and student workers as assigned.
Understands, accepts, and agrees to practice the Ethical Principles and Standards set forth by the American Counseling Association and NASW.
Knowledge of principles and practices of personal, emotional and academic counseling.
Knowledge of methods and techniques of program development.
Knowledge of best practices and legal requirements of the American with Disabilities Act.
Ability to interpret University policy, procedures, and regulations.
High energy self starter; must be able to take initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working both as an individual and as part of a team.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills with various stakeholders.
Effective time management skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of three years professional experience in social service setting is highly preferred.
Minimum of three years experience and education in implementing accommodations per ADA is highly recommended.
Master’s degree required in social work or related counseling field.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit resume, cover letter indicating salary requirement and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
03/06/2020 4:15 pm
Rockford University invites applicants to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Physiology to begin August 2020. A Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or related field is required along with evidence of excellent teaching. The primary focus of the position is enthusiastic and effective teaching in human and comparative anatomy and physiology. Ability to teach introductory biology courses and upper division genetics, developmental biology, neurobiology, and/or organismal diversity courses will be considered a plus. Top candidates will also be able to teach an upper-level course in genetics. Enthusiasm for teaching in a small-college liberal arts setting is essential. An active program in undergraduate research with students is expected.
Applications will be reviewed starting April 3, 2020, and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, transcripts- undergraduate and graduate (official transcripts required upon hire), and arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. Rockford University is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.
02/26/2020 2:51 pm
The Rockford University Business Office is accepting applications for a Senior Accounting and Financial Analyst to join their team. The Business Office supports a $25 million operating budget and approximately 1250 accounts. The position requires a high level of independent judgment to oversee and perform complex accounting, financial analysis and reporting duties. Primary responsibilities will include assisting in Dashboard, KPI and Metric Reporting, budgeting, planning and forecasting, and communicating financial results to both accounting savvy and non-accounting business professionals. The incumbent will direct the financial management of operating and capital budgets for programs, departments and University-wide divisions. Reporting and wording directly to and with the CFO, he/she will work collaboratively to develop long and short-term financial goals, business strategies/plans, and financial forecasts/predictive models for all major service programs and initiatives. The Sr. Accounting & Financial Analyst is expected to work closely with the Controller on all financial audits and financial statements, coordinating quarterly and year-end reporting for the operating budget, including commentary and appropriate schedules. Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. This fulltime opportunity includes a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan with match and tuition remission, upon hire.
1. Works collaboratively with the CFO to prepare and drive the budget process; schedule with the CFO and Budget Managers on a regular basis to discuss variance reporting and operating efficiencies for improved budgeting procedures.
2. Maintains the annual budget, forecasts and projections, and responds to budget related questions and issues throughout the year.
3. Prepares support schedules and other analyses as needed for short and long-range plan, including simple projections and more complex predictive modeling of revenues and expenses.
4. Works cooperatively with the Controller to prepare monthly and annual financial statements, reports requested by users, and reports for regulatory agencies, Board of Trustees and President Dashboard; create and present monthly and annual financial statements including commentary to CFO monthly.
5. Maintain appropriate journal entries and assist in monthly close process.
6. Support CFO and work with Business Support Assistant in annual commercial insurance renewal process.
7. Present analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management’s attention to CFO with specific recommendations for remediation.
8. Assist CFO in tracking and maintaining Strategic Initiatives reporting for milestones and KPI/Metrics calculations within Build Theme area of university strategic plan.
9. Organize, maintain and reconcile capital assets and depreciation schedule.
10. Design, Organize, maintain and report variances for reconciliation of staffing models to VPs and Assistant VP of HR monthly and for budget process.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• 4 to 5 years experience
• Proven experience as a financial analyst, Sr. accountant or lead accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and controls
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with business process mapping, evaluation and redesign
• Awareness of business trends with the ability to see the broader implications of key decisions.
•Ability to interpret and present financial information to financial and non-financial users.
• Experience with general ledger functions, financial accounting statements and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Ability to create charts, graphs and other financial presentations
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to develop plans and procedures and coordinate persons and other resources to accomplish goals.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
02/21/2020 10:26 am
Rockford University invites applicants for a full time Lecturer position in Biology starting Fall 2020. The successful candidate will teach a combination of Anatomy and Physiology lecture and lab, along with other introductory courses. Enthusiasm for teaching in a small liberal arts university setting is essential.
Teaching load is a total of 15 contact hours per fall and spring semester, with occasional opportunities for summer teaching. The selected candidate will have full faculty voting rights and would attend department, college, and faculty meetings with no committee work expected. 3-year renewable appointment.
The position will be offered at the Instructor level and will begin Fall 2020. Minimum qualifications for appointment are a Master’s degree or PhD in biology or a related field and demonstrated teaching effectiveness. Candidates that are ABD will be considered.
Review of applications start immediately, and will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of three professional references and all related transcripts graduate and undergraduate (official upon hire), and a statement of teaching philosophy to: HumanResources@rockford.edu
Founded in 1847, Rockford University is an independent, liberal arts institution dedicated to teaching. It is located in Rockford, IL, a city of 150,000 people about 85 miles northwest of Chicago. The University offers bachelor degree programs in over two dozen majors, masters programs in teaching and business, and educational programs for the citizens of our community. Rockford University is one of only twelve institutions in Illinois with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa.
Rockford University is an AA/EOE employer.
02/21/2020 9:46 am
The Department of Nursing at Rockford University invites candidates for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Nursing position (12 load hours) to begin Fall 2020. Primary teaching responsibilities may include teaching the theory section as well as any related clinical sections. For example, Community, Adult Health or any other course needs the Department may have.
Preference will be given to candidates with a doctoral degree. Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree in nursing with college-level teaching experience. . Candidates must also be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Illinois or eligible for Illinois licensure as a Registered Nurse.
The successful applicant must have experience in caring for a diverse population of patients. In addition an educational philosophy compatible with that of a private, independent, institution within a liberal arts environment is a must have. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities in working with faculty, staff, students, and community healthcare providers with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities. Our Nursing program is one of our prime examples of integrating the liberal arts and professional/practical. The campus is in an urban environment that supports three robust medical centers (OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Swedish American Medical Center and Javon Bea Hospital- Rockton and Riverside Campus).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit application letter with statement of teaching philosophy and scholarly potential, curriculum vitae, official transcripts and the names and contact information of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Rockford University is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
02/19/2020 1:30 pm
Rockford University is accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant position in the Lang Wellness Center to start August 2020. The GA will be an integral part of office management and organization. The GA will also provide support for health and wellness activities on site i.e. nutrition and fitness education, drug and alcohol education, sexual assault prevention, sexually transmitted illness prevention, and general health education information to the campus community through the Rock Solid Healthy Lifestyle program. The GA will work collaboratively with campus clubs, sports, and residence life staff to promote healthy lifestyle programming to our campus. Benefits include up to 21 hours of tuition remission, per academic year, and a monthly stipend for working 25 hours per week over 12 months.
• Maintain a weekly organized schedule at Lang
• Assist in the daily flow of students accessing the various services at Lang
• Attend Lang Wellness Center and Student Life staff meetings
• Maintain open lines of communication between community agencies and campus offices
• Work with nursing and counseling to provide health education programming to students
• Provide assistance in data management
• Other duties as assigned to ensure the best care is given to students seeking services at Lang
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must be admitted in a Rockford University Graduate program
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must possess excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and database use
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position if filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to:
02/05/2020 4:46 pm
Rockford University is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant Hall Director to start August 2020. The GA Hall Director for Residence Life provides primary leadership and overall management of a residence hall area of approximately 90 students within Residence Life. The position assists in the day to day operation and will report directly to the Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life. This is a required live-in position that involves a level of accessibility and accountability to all students and staff members. The position includes the expectation of eating in university dining operations, when in operation, to promote community development for staff and students. The Graduate Hall Director is responsible for fostering a responsible, inclusive community through developmental based supervision of four – five Resident Assistants. The position is responsible to ensure a safe, comfortable living environment for students through residential programming based on the mission of the University and Residence Life. Benefits include tuition remission, housing, meal plan and monthly stipend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Counsel, advise and refer residents on varied personal and academic matters.
Leadership & Community Development
• Create intentional interactions with students for growth and development through residential programming.
• Support the mission, policies and procedures of Residence Life and Rockford University.
• Promote and develop inclusive and academically supportive residential environments.
• Monitor and document behavioral concerns.
• Assist with departmental initiatives as needed.
• Actively participate as a member of the Residence Life team and areas of Student Life (Student Involvement & Orientation, Police & Public Safety, Lang Wellness Center, Athletics, Career Development).
• Collaboratively work with Dining, Facilities, Student Administrative Services, Admissions and other campus partners.
• Assist with summer housing operations and camps.
• Assist with management of hall facilities and budgets.
• Assist staff members in assessing student needs and meeting those needs through residential programming.
• Supervise 4-5 Resident Assistants.
• Assist with the selection, training, development, and evaluation of student staff.
• Establish and maintain regularly scheduled office hours.
• Conduct regular 1:1 supervisory meetings with each Resident Assistant.
Crisis Management & Student Development/Conduct
• Adjudicate low-level violations of the Rockford University Code of Conduct and Residence Life policies. Adhering to procedures for communication, tracking, and filing of reports and outcomes.
• Respond to crisis and emergency situations, communicating necessary information appropriately.
• Participate in area on-call rotation including weeknights, weekends, and break periods when the university may be closed.
• Serve as a Campus Security Authority and assist with the process of reporting crimes to maintain accurate and timely crime statistics and to increase overall safety of campus.
• Ability to multi-task and utilize critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (in-person and on the phone).
• Prepare check requests and process expense reports.
• Assist with updating Portal, Website, and Facebook accounts through Social Media.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and staff across campus
• Meet 1:1 with Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Residence Life on a weekly basis.
• Attend scheduled Residence Life staff meetings, Student Life staff meetings and campus All-Staff meetings.
• Assist in completing end of semester and end of year reports.
• Assist in annual key audit.
• Assist in overall program planning.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Enrollment in a graduate studies program at Rockford University.
• Ideal candidate will have undergraduate experience in student life/student development and be familiar with residential living/co-curricular activities in higher education.
• Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Experience in a variety of social media.
• Must possess valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
• Must meet driver insurance eligibility standards of the University.
Please submit resume, cover letter and list of 3 professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
02/04/2020 2:51 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement to begin August 2020. The GA will assist in the day to day operations and will report directly to the Director of Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement. The primary emphasis of this position is to provide office support and program assistance to the Director. The selected candidate will work a minimum of 25 hours per week over 12 months. Benefits include 21 hours of tuition remission per academic year and a monthly stipend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Review/revise current forms as needed
• Assist in overall program planning and completing monthly updates on programs
• Coordinate the Last Lecture event
• Update and maintain Get Involved (JACCE Community Engagement webpage)
• Plan and run JACCE events: Community Engagement Fairs (fall and spring), Get Out the Vote and Debate Forum, Veterans Day, Equal Pay Day (with AAUW), Hunger and Homelessness Week, MLK Day of Service, and Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• Post on and update JACCE social media pages
• Coordinate writing and posting of articles for JACCE webpage
• Assist director with coordination of Plunge/Jane Addams Day of Service events
• Assist director with coordination of CBL projects for First-Year Seminar
• Assist director with coordination of Deliberative Dialogue event once a semester
• Assist with other duties as needed
• Advanced computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
• Ability to multi-task and utilize critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (writing, in person and on the phone)
• Experience in coordinating event activities
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff on campus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Enrollment in a graduate program at Rockford University.
• Ideal candidate will have undergraduate experience in student life/student development and be familiar with co-curricular activities in higher education.
• Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
Experience in a variety of social media.
TO APPLY: Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
01/29/2020 12:24 pm
The Department of Nursing at Rockford University invites candidates for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Nursing position (12 load hours) to begin fall 2020. Primary teaching responsibilities may include N 201 (Foundations of Person-Centered Care). This position is responsible for teaching the theory portion as well as two clinical sections of this course. There may be times when the opportunity to teach other nursing courses arises. DNP or PhD preferred. College-level teaching experience is highly desirable. The successful applicant must have experience in caring for a diverse population of adult patients. In addition an educational philosophy compatible with that of a private, independent, institution within a liberal arts environment is a must have. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities in working with faculty, staff, students, and community healthcare providers with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities. Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Illinois or eligible for Illinois licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
Applications reviewed beginning immediately but accepted until the position is filled. Materials submitted for all positions should include a cover letter, resume, official transcripts and the names and contact information of three references. Applications for academic positions must also provide evidence of academic or teaching philosophy and experience. Please submit all documents to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Rockford University’s search committees and hiring managers are especially interested in candidates who through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
01/10/2020 1:30 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the position of Student Advocate. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for analyzing and answering questions (face to face or over the phone) about students’ academic progress, financial aid and accounts as well as preparing/entering financial aid packages. This position is also responsible for processing and maintaining student records, distribution of cash for check cashing and petty cash distribution as well as working with students to set up acceptable payment arrangements. This position will work with current students in a proactive manner to insure they meet all deadlines for academic and financial related procedures. Other responsibilities include preparing various pieces for mailing/distribution (e.g. financial aid packages, grades, registration materials and account statements/bills). This position will also provide support for Rockford University’s Institutional Research functions.
• Provide efficient, professional and accurate information in a manner which fosters/supports respect for all members of the Rockford University community.
• Respond with “sense of urgency” to all customers’ questions and/or concerns.
• Maintain/foster positive atmosphere to ensure all “transactions/contacts” are handled with the highest level of customer service.
• Knowledgeable/proficient in all standard procedures of registration, student accounts and financial aid.
• Knowledgeable about procedures of other departments and contact information to accurately direct customers as needed.
• Promote/adhere to goals of increasing retention rates and communicate concerns to appropriate person(s) to ensure this goal.
• Represent the Student Administrative Services department on various college committees.
• Participate in functions that have a direct link to SAS (e.g. R.O.A.R. and Transfer Registration events).
• Principal Activities:
• Knowledgeable of procedures for contacting students and collection of student accounts with outstanding balances.
• Attend various training sessions offered through ELM, ISAC, and ILASFAA.
• Assist students, parents, faculty and staff with questions by providing answers with regards to all services provided by SAS.
• Accurately direct students, parents, faculty or staff to appropriate persons for all other campus services.
• Process all forms needed for registration such as: registration cards, add/drop, degree declaration(s), and graduation.
• Assist students in processing of any financial aid related forms.
• Disburse (in accordance to rules/regulations) financial aid advances and cash returns to students with account credits as well as cash student payroll checks
• Enter data/maintaining student accounts/records to ensure all balances are accurate and students receive current information.
• Ensure petty cash requests are processed within the approved procedures and disburse when verified/approved.
• Assist in preparing various communications from SAS including financial aid packages, grades, registration, account statements and other mailings as needed.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate filing of all forms received from students, faculty or staff.
• Apply loan checks and electronic fund transfers to student accounts.
• Assume Additional duties as assigned by the AVP for SAS
• Assist with updating Fact Bok
• Assist in marketing efforts for institutional surveys
• Assist in the proctoring/administration of institutional surveys
Bachelor Degree Preferred.
Prefer a minimum of three years of experience in at least one of these areas: customer service, financial aid or retail sales.
Skills and Certifications:
Proven customer service skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-task oriented environment.
Proficient in MS word, MS excel and “data” programs
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2020 Rockford University, all rights reserved