Kinesiology at Rockford University
Are you considering a career in Exercise Science, Sport Management, or Physical Education? The Kinesiology Department offers Bachelors of Arts and Bachelor of Science Degrees with an emphasis in Exercise Science, Teaching, or Sport Management. We also offer minors in Coaching, Exercise Science, Health, and Sport Management.
Our program is designed for students passionate about exercise science, sport management, and teaching physical education. With a commitment to excellence and a focus on practical experience, our program prepares students for a successful career in the diverse field of kinesiology.
Program Tracks and Specializations
- Exercise Science: Dive into the science behind physical activity and learn how to apply these concepts in various exercise science professions. Graduates earn a health minor alongside their major.
- Sport Management: Combine your love for sports with business acumen. This track focuses on applying business concepts in sports settings, leading to a Business minor.
- Teaching Licensure: Prepare to educate the next generation in physical education across elementary, middle, and secondary levels. This track includes a K-12 Education minor.
Interdisciplinary Learning and Practical Experience
Our program emphasizes interdisciplinary learning, blending knowledge from various fields to provide a well-rounded education. Students engage in practical experiences, including clinical settings and internships, to apply their learning in real-world scenarios.
Career Opportunities in Kinesiology
Graduates of Rockford University’s Kinesiology program are equipped with the knowledge and skills to pursue a wide range of exciting and fulfilling careers. The diverse specializations within the program open doors to various sectors in health, sports, and education. Here’s a closer look at the potential career paths for each track:
- Exercise Science Track:
- Fitness Trainer and Instructor: Guide individuals or groups in exercise activities, including strength training, stretching, and cardiovascular exercises.
- Exercise Physiologist: Develop fitness and exercise programs that help patients recover from chronic diseases and improve cardiovascular function, body composition, and flexibility.
- Wellness Coordinator: Oversee programs and services designed to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals within an organization or community.
- Sports Scientist: Work with athletes to analyze performance and develop strategies to improve athletic performance while minimizing the risk of injuries.
- Sport Management Track:
- Sports Marketer: Develop marketing campaigns and strategies to promote sports teams, events, and merchandise.
- Athletic Director: Manage and oversee the athletic programs of schools, colleges, or sports facilities, including budgeting, scheduling, and compliance with regulations.
- Event Coordinator: Plan and organize sporting events, handling logistics, coordination, and execution of events.
- Teaching Licensure Track:
- Physical Education Teacher: Educate students in schools about physical fitness, health, and sportsmanship, often including coaching school sports teams.
- Health Educator: Develop programs and materials to educate people about health and wellness topics in schools, community organizations, or public health agencies.
- Recreation Director: Plan, organize, and oversee recreational programs and activities for community centers, parks, or recreational facilities.
- Coach: Train and mentor athletes, developing their skills, strategy, and teamwork in various sports.
These career paths highlight the versatility of a degree in Kinesiology from Rockford University. Graduates are not only prepared academically but also possess practical experience, making them valuable assets in various professional settings. Whether it’s working directly with individuals to improve their health and fitness, managing sports teams and events, or educating the next generation, the opportunities are vast and rewarding.
Join Our Kinesiology Program
Ready to embark on a rewarding journey in kinesiology? Apply now to Rockford University’s Kinesiology Program and take the first step towards a fulfilling career.
Financial Planning & Support
Rockford University is committed to making education affordable. With 99% of full-time students receiving financial aid, the university offers a range of scholarships, grants, and loan options.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Scholarships are available based on merit, need, and specific criteria such as community service or leadership.
- Financial Aid Counseling: Expert counselors help students understand and navigate the options available to them, ensuring they make informed decisions about financing their education.