02/26/2020 2:51 pm
The Rockford University Business Office is accepting applications for a Senior Accounting and Financial Analyst to join their team. The Business Office supports a $25 million operating budget and approximately 1250 accounts. The position requires a high level of independent judgment to oversee and perform complex accounting, financial analysis and reporting duties. Primary responsibilities will include assisting in Dashboard, KPI and Metric Reporting, budgeting, planning and forecasting, and communicating financial results to both accounting savvy and non-accounting business professionals. The incumbent will direct the financial management of operating and capital budgets for programs, departments and University-wide divisions. Reporting and wording directly to and with the CFO, he/she will work collaboratively to develop long and short-term financial goals, business strategies/plans, and financial forecasts/predictive models for all major service programs and initiatives. The Sr. Accounting & Financial Analyst is expected to work closely with the Controller on all financial audits and financial statements, coordinating quarterly and year-end reporting for the operating budget, including commentary and appropriate schedules. Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. This fulltime opportunity includes a rich benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan with match and tuition remission, upon hire.
1. Works collaboratively with the CFO to prepare and drive the budget process; schedule with the CFO and Budget Managers on a regular basis to discuss variance reporting and operating efficiencies for improved budgeting procedures.
2. Maintains the annual budget, forecasts and projections, and responds to budget related questions and issues throughout the year.
3. Prepares support schedules and other analyses as needed for short and long-range plan, including simple projections and more complex predictive modeling of revenues and expenses.
4. Works cooperatively with the Controller to prepare monthly and annual financial statements, reports requested by users, and reports for regulatory agencies, Board of Trustees and President Dashboard; create and present monthly and annual financial statements including commentary to CFO monthly.
5. Maintain appropriate journal entries and assist in monthly close process.
6. Support CFO and work with Business Support Assistant in annual commercial insurance renewal process.
7. Present analysis and interpretation of trends requiring management’s attention to CFO with specific recommendations for remediation.
8. Assist CFO in tracking and maintaining Strategic Initiatives reporting for milestones and KPI/Metrics calculations within Build Theme area of university strategic plan.
9. Organize, maintain and reconcile capital assets and depreciation schedule.
10. Design, Organize, maintain and report variances for reconciliation of staffing models to VPs and Assistant VP of HR monthly and for budget process.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• 4 to 5 years experience
• Proven experience as a financial analyst, Sr. accountant or lead accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and controls
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Experience with business process mapping, evaluation and redesign
• Awareness of business trends with the ability to see the broader implications of key decisions.
•Ability to interpret and present financial information to financial and non-financial users.
• Experience with general ledger functions, financial accounting statements and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Ability to create charts, graphs and other financial presentations
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to develop plans and procedures and coordinate persons and other resources to accomplish goals.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2020 Rockford University, all rights reserved