11/07/2019 4:04 pm
Rockford University is seeking applications for a Senior Accountant within the Business Office. Directly reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant prepares & supports complex financial reporting including audited financial statements, Board of Trustee reports, and internal management reports. This position answers policy and procedure questions for campus customers regarding general accounting, reporting, chart of accounts and other accounting and control related issues.
1. Prepares, reviews and ensures the accuracy of all account reconciliations through monthly analysis and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
2. Prepares monthly journal entry postings and account activity analyses.
3. Prepares support schedules and other analyses as needed for the long-range plan, including projections of revenues and expenses.
4. Ensures electronic interfaces from “feeder” systems (e.g. PowerCampus) are performing with maximum efficiency.
5. Responsible for processing and monitoring outstanding auxiliary accounts receivable.
6. Maintains the annual budget, forecasts and projections, and responds to budget related questions and issues throughout the year.
7. Assists with the accounting for federal and state grants.
8. Prepares monthly and annual financial statements, schedules, reports requested by users, and reports for regulatory agencies.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related degree
• Minimum of five years accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the ability to interpret and apply advanced and complex accounting rules.
• Thorough knowledge of financial transactions and financial systems, as well as related policy, accounting and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills.
• Experience in developing reports in report writing software, developing forecasting tools, management level reports, operation reports, and other complex institutional reports that encompass multiple elements from various sources.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex requirements/regulations to non-finance staff.
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
• Willingness to take initiative, prioritize and perform proactively the assigned duties of the position.
• Possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Works accurately with great attention to detail.
• Experience using automated general ledger/accounting systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
Experience working within a higher education environment
Public Accounting experience
Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP system
40+ hours per week
May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
Typical office environment.
Commensurate with education and experience. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and tuition remission for fulltime employees and qualified dependents.
To apply: Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources.com
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved