05/30/2018 1:05 pm
Rockford University, a member of the NCAA Division III, located in north central Illinois, invites applications for a graduate assistant position in our football program. The primary responsibility will be to assist the head coach in all facets of the program, including the recruitment of quality student-athletes, organization, and planning of practices, game preparation, administrative duties, scouting, and monitoring of student-athlete academic progress.
Appointments begin August 1st and continue through July 31st of the following year. Participants should expect their commitment to average 30 or more hours per week, not to exceed 40.
How to Apply / Contact
Email a letter of application and resume with at least 3 references to:
Nichole Hoey, Human Resources
05/24/2018 1:08 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for a graduate assistantship in Cross Country and Track and Field (Sprints/Jumps). The successful candidate will be available to begin 8/1/18. This is a 12-month position, working 30+ hours per week.
1. To fulfill all the necessary duties of a collegiate cross country and track coach.
2. To organize and facilitate collegiate sprints and jumps practices.
3. To creatively assist the head coach in recruiting, practice planning, meet management, and fundraising.
4. To foster a team culture that enhances the quality of education for student-athletes at Rockford University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
• Organize and run practices (Sprints/Jumps)
• Generate large numbers of recruiting contact lists
• Organize mailings
• Make connections with high school coaches through email and/or phone
• Build relationships with potential student-athletes through emails, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
• Manage Front Rush recruiting software
• Be able to create macro and micro training plans for any track and field event discipline as directed.
• Assist in practice planning for both cross country and track field teams
• Develop offseason training plans for track and field athletes not competing in cross country
• Supervise practices and weight room sessions as needed
• Contact current students about tutoring opportunities
• Aid program in the successful adherence of all compliance requirements for both the NCAA and the University
• Assist in the acquisition, proper use, storage, and maintenance of team uniforms and equipment
• Help develop a highly competitive yet appropriate competition schedule
• Create and plan summer camps and clinics
• Generate fundraising plans
• Aid in event management of cross country meets hosted on the Rockford University campus (both collegiate and high school).
• Operate rental vehicles
• Organize storage spaces
• Complete facility management projects as needed
• Keep a clean and orderly workspace
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Full acceptance into either the Master of Business Administration (MBA) or the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree program at Rockford University
• 1-2ys experience coaching cross country and/or track and field
• Experience as a collegiate athlete at the NCAA Div I, II, or III level(s)
• Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations
• Working knowledge of training theory
• Valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Experience in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
Coaches are expected to actively participate in practices through running, biking, weightlifting, or walking. The successful candidate must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and maintain a high level of enthusiasm while at practices and meets. Competitions will require a great deal of movement in a wide variety of weather conditions. Coaches must be able to lift 50lbs. It is preferred that coaches be able to demonstrate proper running and weight room mechanics to athletes.
Coaches must maintain a consistent presence on campus throughout the school year and a professional appearance is required in all phases of the job. The successful candidate must be able to work with diverse individuals and maintain working relationships with all members of the Rockford University faculty and staff. Work during evening hours and on weekends is expected. Some travel will be required.
• Tuition remission- 21 hours per year
• Stipend- $200 per working month
• Campus housing
• Campus meal plan (excluding break periods and summer months)
How to Apply:
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please email cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu
03/22/2018 1:10 pm
Rockford University invites applicants for the position of Graduate Assistant in the Urban Education Program. The graduate assistant for the Urban Education Program in the Education Department has duties involving research and data collection related to accreditation, clerical activities related to the support and revision of course materials for existing and new courses, and the maintenance of records for the Education Department. This is a year-round position, to begin 8/1/18, working approximately 25 hours per week. Benefits include up to 21 hours of tuition remission per academic year and a monthly stipend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Assist in planning activities for the Education Pathways Program
• Assist with clerical activities related to clinical and student teacher placements
• Assist in sending out and analyzing results from surveys
• Research for articles on specified topics related to urban education and other disciplines
• Assist in the creation and revision of materials for class use, including PowerPoint presentations, checklists, and rubrics
• Conduct clerical work such as copying and disseminating materials; filing; and preparing, editing, and revising documents
• Complete record keeping of the Education Department’s assessment information, course syllabi, and course scheduling
• Maintain and populate the Department of Education’s social media accounts
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Admission into the Rockford University Graduate Program. Priority consideration will be given to applicants matriculated in the MAT Program
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved