Rockford.edu / News
02/01/2018 11:09 am
We are looking to fill the position of Help Desk Specialist within Rockford University’s Information Technology Department. We are support-focused and use education and training to enable our user community. The person we are looking for will have very strong troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, and exceptional customer service skills.
• Assist with purchase requisitions and maintain expense reports and invoices for the department.
• Use and maintain work order tracking system to ensure all work orders are entered and updated.
• Perform a variety of technical tasks ranging from installation of computer hardware and software to troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment including desktop computers, laptops, printers, projectors, mobile phones and desk phones, etc.
• Support Audio/Visual requirements for various events.
• Perform installations, upgrades and backups of software and hardware applications.
• Maintain the personal computer workstations, productivity applications, anti-virus software, utilities, and workstation LAN connectivity.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware failures.
• Identify network problems when they occur and assist Network Administrator with troubleshooting.
• Act as a project member for major technical systems efforts, executing assigned tasks. Be willing to work some weekends for projects or support assignments.
• Answer and log incoming calls, working to close open tickets.
• Plan, install, maintain and support the PC workstations. Maintain application software (Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, etc.) on distributed systems within the company.
• Manage the constant flow of projects (issues and requests) that arrive, and coordinate the completion of these tasks. Assist the staff with user support issues as they relate to the systems.
• Provide consultation and frontline support services to senior-level staff.
• Communicate clearly and effectively ticket information to support staff of multiple organizations as well as to customers.
• Support and maintain the desk phones in offices and the directory information in the phone switch.
• Follow pre-set definitions for tasking, assign support tickets to resources as needed and follow up on the completion of those tickets.
• Assist in maintenance of software product and license records; assist in ensuring compliance with applicable software copyright laws and regulations.
• Assist in the development of user training.
• Research and investigate new LAN and PC workstation designs and productivity application products.
• Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Set up and/or operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience working within a help desk setting, responding to tickets and elevating issues as necessary
• Strong verbal and written communication, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective time management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities in working with faculty, staff and students with diverse backgrounds including academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, and disabilities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Education: 2-year Computer Science degree or related field
Experience: 1-2 years Help Desk or technical experience; experience in higher education a plus.
Certifications: A+ preferred
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Please submit cover letter, containing salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to:
Nichole Hoey, Human Resources
Copyright © 2018 Rockford University, all rights reserved