Rockford.edu / News
09/11/2017 2:53 pm
Rockford University’s Department of Information Technology is accepting application for the position of Help Desk Specialist/ Audio Visual Support. We are customer oriented and use the tactic of education and training to enable our user community. The person we are looking for will have very strong troubleshooting skills, solid communication skills, and exceptional customer service skills. This is a fulltime position with a rich benefits package.
• Use and maintain work order tracking system to ensure all work orders are entered and updated.
• Perform a variety of technical tasks ranging from installation of computer hardware and software to troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment including desktop computers, laptops, printers, projectors, mobile phones and desk phones, etc.
• Support Audio/Visual requirements for various demands and events.
• Provide Audio/visual setup, breakdown, inventory control, configuration, repair, recording and other requirements as needed.
• Performs installations, upgrades and backups of software and hardware applications.
• Maintain the campus computer workstations, productivity applications, anti-virus software, utilities, and workstation LAN connectivity.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware failures.
• Act as a project member for major technical systems efforts, executing assigned tasks.
• Team player to work with counterparts and peers within the department.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
• Answer and log incoming calls, working to close open tickets.
• Plan, install, maintain and support the PC workstations and LAN. Maintain productivity software (Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, etc.) on distributed systems within the company.
• Provide consultation and frontline support services to senior-level staff.
• Communicate clearly and effectively ticket information to support staff of multiple organizations as well as to customers.
• Support and maintain the desk phones in offices and the directory information in the phone system.
• Follow pre-set definitions for tasking, assign support tickets to resources as needed and follow up on the completion of those tickets.
• Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Set up or set up and operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
• Be available for night and weekend event support.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education 2-year degree or equivalent working experience
Required Experience 1-2 years preferred
Working knowledge of PC Installation, repair and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related systems. Solid troubleshooting and communication skills required.
Certifications Preferred A+ preferred
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter indicating hourly salary requirement, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2017 Rockford University, all rights reserved