Rockford.edu / News
06/10/2019 1:16 pm
Rockford University invites applications for the position of Head Cross Country Coach, reporting to the Director of Athletics. The primary emphases of this position are to coach, recruit, and support the mission of Rockford University. Essential to the efforts of the Head Cross Country Coach will be the pursuit of student development experiences that are aligned with the vision and mission of the University. Evening and weekend hours are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Head Coach for Cross Country program.
2. Using an outcomes-based model, monitor the academic progress of student athletes.
3. Manage and maintain the budget for the program.
4. Develop policies, programs and services that minimize college liability in Cross Country.
B. Specific Responsibilities
1. Coach Men’s/Women’s Cross Country (recruit student athletes, develop schedules, attend conference meetings, etc…)
2. Establish goals for the four competencies of the program review process:
Recruiting, Retention, Student-Athlete Experience & Competitiveness.
3. The coach is expected to consult and use information from professional associations such as National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
4. The coach is responsible for special tasks assigned by the Director of Athletics.
5. Responsible for attending monthly athletic staff meetings.
6. Responsible for attending any scheduled athletic retreats.
7. Assist with and take an active role in departmental fund-raising.
8. Organize a minimum of one community service event with each sport programs.
9. Follow all rules and regulations of the NCAA, NACC and Rockford University.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• A Master’s Degree is preferred; however, a bachelor’s degree will be considered if the candidate has appropriate experience.
• Experience working with student athletes (male and female) in a college setting.
• Experience with NCAA regulations.
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Please submit cover letter indicating salary requirements, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2019 Rockford University, all rights reserved