Rockford.edu / News
02/28/2018 11:00 am
Rockford University is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant for the Regent Women’s Basketball program to begin May 16, 2018. Benefits include 21 hours of tuition remission per year, room and board. The successful candidate must be available to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and possess a history of successful playing experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
1. To foster, mold, guide, lead, and direct student-athletes towards a quality educational experience in order to obtain the ultimate goal of a degree.
2. To develop a successful collegiate women’s basketball program and individual coaching philosophy through recruiting, off-season programs, practice planning, and in-season execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Recruiting phone calls, off-campus visits, setting up on-campus visits.
• High School visits, both in and out of state.
• Setting up and executing practices.
• Game and practice coaching.
• Individual student-athlete meetings.
• Weekly study table sessions.
• Set up individual tutoring and learning sessions through the usage of Rockford University programs.
• Classroom attendance and grade checks.
• Strength and conditioning supervision.
• Film breakdown of both practice and game film.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors Degree.
• Acceptance into the graduate program
• Successful playing experience preferably at the collegiate level.
• Position specific knowledge of the game
• A valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be willing to take initiative and work hard
• Working knowledge of Strength and Conditioning
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2018 Rockford University, all rights reserved