Graduate Assistant, Student Activities
06/09/2017 11:00 am
The Graduate Assistant for Student Activities will assist in the day to day operations in the area and will
The Graduate Assistant for Student Activities: Events, will assist in the day to day operations in the area and will report directly to the Director of Student Activities. The primary emphasis of this position is to assist in the implementation of student programs with the goal to increase student involvement through social program. Emphasis will be given to both commuter and residential students. GA will be required to work an average of 25 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Spend time becoming familiar with the programming efforts at RU
- Be knowledgeable of the resources available on campus to all students
- Make student referrals utilizing available resources
- Assist in the preparation of all activities linked with CAB, Student Activities, Orientation, Welcome Weeks, Family Weekend, Homecoming, April Weekend, Sibling Weekend, etc.
- Complete specific Orientation and Activity tasks assigned
- Assist director throughout with programming and events
- Prepare and send correspondence to students
- Assist in scheduling student events
- Observe/shadow CAB meetings with Director
- Hold meetings while being observed by Director for constructive feedback
- Once Director and GA feel comfortable, the GA may conduct meetings unsupervised and will have their own supervision load (CAB)
- Assist in gathering data for month end and year end reports
- Maintain Website/ Event Calendar/ Event Publicity
- Complete end of semester status reports on programs and seek feedback for next semester programming
- Research “Best Practices” in commuter students, future programs and other topics as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate will admitted into the MAT or MBA program
- Ideal candidate will have undergraduate experience in student life/student development and be familiar with co-curricular activities in higher education.
- Must have knowledge of publisher, excel, and word; graphic design/ editing a plus.
- Tuition remission up to 21 hours per year
- Monthly stipend
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and a list of professional references to: