Rockford.edu / News
09/07/2018 1:59 pm
Job Title: Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer- Holli A. Hall
Hours of Work: 30-40/week-Depending on the sport season
Rockford University is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Assistant to the athletic training department to begin January 2018. The selected candidate will assist staff for fall, winter, spring, and off-season events for men’s and women’s athletics. Additional duties include working under the direction of the athletic training staff helping with preparation for events and practices as well as perform the duties involved with prevention, care, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries. This is a year round position, working 30-40 hours per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to assist Head Athletic Trainer with:
• Coverage of assigned sports’ practices and games home and away, including setting up, pre- and post-game treatments, response to injuries through field evaluations and first aid (this will include weekends and possible holidays)
• Perform injury evaluations of athletes
• Communicate with athletes and coaches about the injury and the athlete’s participation status
• Implement rehabilitation protocols for injured athletes
• Arrange and administer Impact Testing
• Arrange and communicate medical appointments between physicians and athletes.
• Assist in record keeping and documentation for files
• Assist with daily functions of the Athletic Training Room
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training
• Must have certification through the NATA BOC and be eligible or have Illinois licensure by January 2nd
• CPR/AED Certified for the Professional Rescuer
• Remain HIPPA and OSHA compliant
• Ability to work independently and maintain a schedule
• Valid driver’s license/ personal automobile insurance and insurable for driving per RU policy
• Ability to travel with assigned teams as necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Administration reserves the right to adjust the duties and responsibilities.
Employees work in an athletic setting. This includes indoor and outdoor settings depending on the athletic season.
Compensation and Benefits:
• 21 graduate credits per academic year including summers
• Room and board
• $200 monthly stipend
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to:
Copyright © 2018 Rockford University, all rights reserved