02/04/2020 2:51 pm
Rockford University invites candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement to begin August 2020. The GA will assist in the day to day operations and will report directly to the Director of Jane Addams Center for Civic Engagement. The primary emphasis of this position is to provide office support and program assistance to the Director. The selected candidate will work a minimum of 25 hours per week over 12 months. Benefits include 21 hours of tuition remission per academic year and a monthly stipend.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Review/revise current forms as needed
• Assist in overall program planning and completing monthly updates on programs
• Coordinate the Last Lecture event
• Update and maintain Get Involved (JACCE Community Engagement webpage)
• Plan and run JACCE events: Community Engagement Fairs (fall and spring), Get Out the Vote and Debate Forum, Veterans Day, Equal Pay Day (with AAUW), Hunger and Homelessness Week, MLK Day of Service, and Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• Post on and update JACCE social media pages
• Coordinate writing and posting of articles for JACCE webpage
• Assist director with coordination of Plunge/Jane Addams Day of Service events
• Assist director with coordination of CBL projects for First-Year Seminar
• Assist director with coordination of Deliberative Dialogue event once a semester
• Assist with other duties as needed
• Advanced computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher
• Ability to multi-task and utilize critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (writing, in person and on the phone)
• Experience in coordinating event activities
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff on campus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Enrollment in a graduate program at Rockford University.
• Ideal candidate will have undergraduate experience in student life/student development and be familiar with co-curricular activities in higher education.
• Experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
Experience in a variety of social media.
TO APPLY: Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2020 Rockford University, all rights reserved