Rockford.edu / News
11/10/2017 12:57 pm
As a member of Institutional Advancement (IA), the Gift and Data Management Coordinator is an essential partner in enhancing the visibility and philanthropic support of Rockford University. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Coordinator provides gift processing, record management, database and technology support to the Advancement Operations team, supporting the management of revenues, database functions and general operations of the IA office.
Gift Processing & Record Management
• Process all gifts received by Institutional Advancement, including but not limited to: opening, sorting, and preparing gift mail – depositing all checks and cash received through Institutional Advancement – coordinating credit card gifts and online gift processing – coordinating matching gift requests and payroll deductions – managing recurring donor gift payment schedules.
• Prepare and enter daily gift data batches, including but not limited to: reviewing received revenue to ensure complete documentation – preparing documentation for scanning and entering into batch – preparing gift adjustments.
• Provide gift documentation to department fundraisers as needed in order to ensure accuracy of entry and timeliness of donor acknowledgments.
• Produce gift receipts/acknowledgements in compliance with IRS gift policies.
• Track payments on pledges for routine review by Development.
• Conduct monthly reconciliations with the Business Office.
• Manage requests for creating new constituent records and maintaining existing records in the Database Management System (Ellucian Power Campus).
• Complete special data entry projects and oversee student worker data entry.
• Perform biographic and demographic updates of records in database, including annual imports.
• Coordinate procedures for retention, retrieval, and disposal of gift and donor records.
Database & Technology Support
• Run Structured Query Language (SQL) reports and exports for interdepartmental data requests.
• Assist in the production and maintenance of reports as needed.
• Enter and manage event data.
• Work with database team to develop internal policy documentation and training materials.
• Receive and distribute mail for all IA staff. Manage IA mailboxes.
• Process returned mail in Power Campus as per procedure.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum one year of relevant experience, preferably in a development or information technology field.
Knowledge and Skills: Excel proficiency required; familiarity with Ellucian Power Campus, Access, or other relational database software desired; familiarity with Vista Views, Crystal Reports or other SQL based reporting software desired.
Other: Must be well organized and possess attention to detail. Must have demonstrated ability to use good judgment and critical thinking. Must be willing to learn new software applications. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff from diverse backgrounds, as well as demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences.
TO APPLY: Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter indicating salary expectations, resume and list of three professional references to HumanResources@Rockford.edu.
Copyright © 2017 Rockford University, all rights reserved